Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

4 month old moves his head side to side constantly ? ?

....and I'm not just talking about when he wants to see things.

Doc said everything was fine at his well visit today but when he's in his stroller, carseat, crib, etc., he is moving his head continually side to side as if he can't get comfortable or if something is bothering him.

anyone else's LO do this?

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4 month old moves his head side to side constantly ? ?

• Options
    ugh...yes!  We call it the "Stevie Wonder" Stick out tongue During the day I don't mind, but he does it at night too and wakes himself up, I gotta sit there for hours and pop the paci back in every 5-10 minutes. It's getting very annoying! Sooo...I don't have any solutions, but I am with you!
  • Options
    Our LO does the same thing especially when he is in his crib, we put him down for bed when he is still awake and he turns his head back and forth until he falls asleep.  As a result he has rubbed all of the hair off the back of his head so he has a nice big bald spot - not so cute.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejylly:
    ugh...yes!  We call it the "Stevie Wonder" Stick out tongue During the day I don't mind, but he does it at night too and wakes himself up, I gotta sit there for hours and pop the paci back in every 5-10 minutes. It's getting very annoying! Sooo...I don't have any solutions, but I am with you!

oh my gaw...we call it the STEVIE WONDER too!!! that's so funny.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejust_peachy:

imagejylly:

oh my gaw...we call it the STEVIE WONDER too!!! that's so funny.

That's hilarious! Does your LO do it while sleeping? Any tips? I am sooooo sick of spending half my night awake dealing with it...plus it's made him go from sleeping 10-12 hrs to only 2-3 at most. It SUCKS.  Is your LO Swaddled? DS is, and I always wonder if that means I should start breaking him of it?

• Options

It's a self-soothing mechanism for some babies and is actually pretty common as a way for them to fall asleep.. but if it's keeping him awake, that's not good! Maybe try breaking him of the swaddle. He could be trying to escape and just moving his head like that to try and get out and move around? We broke DD2 right around your DS's age, and it went really well. Worth a shot right :) GL!

ETA: we quit the swaddle cold turkey w/ DD2 at 3 months, for some reason I thought you DS was 3 months.. I think I saw the pp siggy. Oops ;) Anyway, DD started sleeping BETTER at that point.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    OMG, thank you for posting this!  My DD was doing just this thing tonight in her carseat and I was starting to think something was wrong!  So glad to hear I am not the only one whose LO does this.
  • Options
    This is too funny we call dd stevie wonder too lol shes been doing this forever and I thought something was wrong too. Glad to hear shes not the only one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"