Babies: 3 - 6 Months

another sleep ?

Sorry, but i'm totally stressing the sleep thing. 

DD now tends to fall asleep at around 10:30 - 11.  She naps at 8, but not in her crib, (she'll wake if I put here there then)  but then she needs to eat again at 10. 

Any suggestions on how to move her bedtime up.  I'd love to be able to put her in her crib at about 8 and maybe dreamfeed at 10. 

I do plan on heading to the library this weekend to get some books too.  Thanks. 

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
imageimage image
Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)

Re: another sleep ?

• For her 8pm nap time can you put her in her crib when she's drowsy and keep all the noise down and lights out. Just pretent it's 10pm? Mine goes down between 7:30 and 8, we just had to keep enforcing it to get him use to sleeping at that time.

• All of a sudden this week DD moved herself from a 10pm bedtime to a 7:30pm bedtime and no longer naps late afternoon.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The two things that helped us move N's bedtime up were feeding him (he always gets sleepy from the warm milk) and keeping him awake as best we could during the evening.

N used to go to bed between 11 and 12 but we've moved his bedtime up to 9. It's very possible to move times around... it only took a couple days for us. And honestly, it was very worthwhile since DH and I actually get a little time just the two of us since N is going down earlier!

• If you do a bedtime routinue, I would just move it up by 1/2 hour leave it at the new time for a few days and then move it up again. He will get the picture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"