2nd Trimester

"Rank" on The Bump

uh, whats this do/for:

the graphic is titled "rank" on the bump. every now and then I see people with one or two squares colored in, but can't figure out what it really means...

anyone know? is it for the nest or the knot that we ended up having on our profile as bumpies?

Re: "Rank" on The Bump

• the people that post the most get the squares filled. For like 4 squares filled you need to have like 15,000 posts done.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • eeek! 15,000??? that would take years for my first square!!! I thought I had no life with 1,500!!! Indifferent

not that I need/want the squares. I just couldn't figure out what it meant. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'd def have some squares if I posted as much as I lurk lately!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think participating in drama would = squares. I think some of the threads a person could earn one in a week if they participated in every drama thread! Wink
  • They are nesticles and I think they are broken...
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Actually, it's not only post count I don't think but activity levels in relation to other posters on the next/bump. Last spring I had 3 or 4 then I stopped posting and the blue boxes turned white again because other users passed me or something.

I want to know how many posts you need before you're 'Gold'.

And the points thing just makes no sense 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • LCB34LCB34 member

If you mouse over the green bars it will tell you why that person has them (i.e. top 200 contributor, top 150 contributor, etc).  They are randomly given to posters that are "major" contributors to the bump.

The system is weird though and one day you will have nothing and for no good reason your next bar will appear.

• imageearthycrunchymama:

eeek! 15,000??? that would take years for my first square!!! I thought I had no life with 1,500!!! Indifferent

not that I need/want the squares. I just couldn't figure out what it meant. 

You get there faster than you think. ;) I had three bumptangles on my other screen name.

Brooke 10.15.08 & Molly 6.15.10

Photobucket

• whats a contributor? a person who posts a lot (posts of any type), or a person who adds quality topics???a person can "contribute" a lot of "Yes" type posts, a lot of drama, or just "congratulations" to a bunch of posts, or they could contribute thoughts and valuable info to others... just curious how The Bump decides....

• LCB34LCB34 member
    imageearthycrunchymama:

whats a contributor? a person who posts a lot (posts of any type), or a person who adds quality topics???a person can "contribute" a lot of "Yes" type posts, a lot of drama, or just "congratulations" to a bunch of posts, or they could contribute thoughts and valuable info to others... just curious how The Bump decides....

The bump doesn't monitor what you say (unless you are reported) - so it is my understanding that it is a combination of post count, number of replies you receive to your posts, points etc.  I obviously don't know the exact formula but someone that just responds with "this" to every topic most likely won't reach "contributor" status for a while!

FWIW, I have never seen a contributor with less than 10,000 posts.

• imageLCB34:
    imageearthycrunchymama:

whats a contributor? a person who posts a lot (posts of any type), or a person who adds quality topics???a person can "contribute" a lot of "Yes" type posts, a lot of drama, or just "congratulations" to a bunch of posts, or they could contribute thoughts and valuable info to others... just curious how The Bump decides....

The bump doesn't monitor what you say (unless you are reported) - so it is my understanding that it is a combination of post count, number of replies you receive to your posts, points etc.  I obviously don't know the exact formula but someone that just responds with "this" to every topic most likely won't reach "contributor" status for a while!

FWIW, I have never seen a contributor with less than 10,000 posts.

thats what I figured. I've been on other boards where people join, then will post dumb stuff to EVERY post just to get higher ranks. like posts in all smileys and such. I'd hope people wouldn't be as abnoxious here, but ya never know. Tongue Tied

• Just out of curiosity, how many posts do you have to have for each rank? Bronze, silver, etc.?
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"