Babies: 0 - 3 Months

curiousity- question for ff'ers

I BF, and today, DD rooted at my mom's breast. And I started wondering, do formula-fed babies do this, or is this something they stop doing early on, since they don't eat from the boob? Totally random, I know... lol

Re: curiousity- question for ff'ers

• I nurse and supplement, so I can't really answer your question, but DS even roots at DH.  The poor kid tries to latch on through his t-shirt.  LOL
  • imageHulahoop1234:
    I nurse and supplement, so I can't really answer your question, but DS even roots at DH.  The poor kid tries to latch on through his t-shirt.  LOL

LOL I've only noticed DD rooting at females, but maybe I better watch her when the guys hold her!

• Loading the player...
  • I've been around both and in my experience FF babies do not.  Henry is EBF and doesn't really root unless he's hungry and he only does it to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD did for the first couple weeks, but doesn't anymore.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • My DD has been EFF and she roots EVERYTIME she's hungry.  She's even done it to DH!  lol :)  When DD and I are tummy to tummy and she roots, I call it bobbing for apples, because her head bobs up and down looking to boob!

I thought it was pretty neat that she naturally looks for the boob, even though she's only gotten the bottle.  

(well, she did get colostrum, but that's it...) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ds was never breast fed and still rooted at anyone with breast for several weeks.  It's a natural instinct for all babies, or at least most babies.
  • i went from BF to FF. DD still roots.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I FF from day one and DD roots only me.  I was wondering if she was smelling milk since she doesn't do it to anyone else.  I am completely dried up though and she still does it! 
  • I FF and my lo goes for my boob and anyone else that is holding him. He even went for my husbands chest before. haha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"