Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I LOVE you Dr. Ferber!

So DS is almost 5 months old and we were STILL waking up every 3 hours to feed him 3-4oz each time!  Pedi said we should let him CIO, but I was nervous about it.  Started to Ferberize on Sunday and for the past two days DS has gone from 9-4:30 without needing a bottle!  (He eats 6-8oz at 4:30 so I think this is STTN for him) but YAY!  I am freaking ECSTATIC!!! (Watch now he will be up every 2 hours tonight, haha!)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I LOVE you Dr. Ferber!

• Options
    Great! How did the first few nights go? A lot of crying?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He cried for his 12:30 feeding both nights and I went in about 4 times (trying to hold him off until 1 but I fell asleep before 1 because he stopped crying and he didn't wake back up until 4:30 both nights!  I think in combination with his age and he just started eating a significant amount of solids, he was ready.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ferber seriously changed our lives!  It was a little spotty for about 3 nights, but now, I put her down awake.  She's asleep before I even zip up her sleep sack, and she sleeps from 7:30-8ish until 4:30-6ish.  I feel like a new woman!  DD is much more content during the day too.  She naps better, and she's just all around happier.  She doesn't melt down every hour like she did before, and she doesn't nap away half of her day (in catnaps).  I have no regrets!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"