Eco-Friendly Family
Options

And now we're 3

We just got home from the hospital today...not really any time right now for a full on birth story. But suffice it to say that I started going into labor (having real contractions and leaking fluid) while at REI picking up the jogging stroller...appropriate.

We have a new baby boy EFFer...7 lbs. 5 oz, 21.5 inches, a sweet temperament, easily soothed, awesome breastfeeder and all around sucking champ. My husband was an incredible coach through the entire process and so far has been the king of swaddling. 

It wasn't the birth I wanted, but the result is fabulous! Things moved far slower for me than the midwife or I expected and in the end, I hit a wall and stopped really progressing due to sheer exhaustion and pain. The epi saved me and later we found out why. Despite facing my spine the entire last 20 weeks of pregnancy, somehow during labor my little man decided to turn. He came out sunny side up with one heck of a bruise and nearly a second head on top of his head ;) It set him up for jaundice but his good breastfeeding has kept his bilirubin levels within normal...so we are lucky.

I'll try to post some NB fluff shortly and I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions in a few days!!!!

Re: And now we're 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"