Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Am I doing something wrong?

DS is still only sleeping 2-3 hours at a time...DH just came home from a visit with a friend who said their daughter was sleeping 4-6 hours a night by 6 weeks.....so now I've been thinking.

DS has been eating non stop all day and fussy-he doesn't want to leave my boobs.....I'm starting to wonder if he's getting enough.

He's gained 3 pounds as of last Monday.....so I know he's gaining....I just wonder if I'm BF'ing as efficiently as I should be?

Has anyone experienced this?  Is it normal that DS is still sleeping in such short intervals?

Edit:  my ticker is wrong, he is 5 weeks today.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

• Lurking from 6-12, but honestly 2-3 hours is pretty normal at 5 weeks. As far as the feeding your supply could be low. Do you pump? You may want to pump and see how much you are producing. My sister had the same issue with her daughter and it ended up being her supply she started supplementing and this helped the problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DrDPMDrDPM member
    I agree that 2-3 hours in a row is normal. It's possible that your friends were exaggerating a bit, too. Is the constant feeding something recent - your little guy could be going through a growth spurt. DS is going through one now and he's cranky, not sleeping well, and wants to nurse 24/7.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was doing the same until I got the baby crack machine, now he is sleeping 4-6 hours before his middle of the night feeding then another 2-3 hours after that, he will be 7 weeks tomorrow.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think DS started sleeping more between that 5th and 6th week.  I pump and try to give him a bigger bottle and breast feed a little before bed, a fuller tummy helps him sleep for longer.
  • It is totally normal, and by no means an indication that your milk is low.  If your LO is eating more than normal he could be gearing up for the 6 week growth spurt. 

My LO still sleeps about 3 hours at a stretch at night with the occassional 4 hours thrown in to see if my boobs will explode.....Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"