TTC after 35

NTTCR: sad day :(

My DH had to take our oldest cat Kitty to the ER last night and she died on the way there :(  she was 15 1/2 yrs old.  She lived a long and happy life but it is still heartbreaking.

She woke us up with crazy panting/howling last night and she was acting very disoriented.  She didn't seem to recognize us or answer to her name and it was pretty scary.  She ended up circling her way into the guest bathroom's tub where I grabbed her with some leather gloves.  She bit me (thankful for the gloves) and her pupils were fully dilated and I could tell she had no idea of what was going on.

The vet thinks she had a blood clot that caused her to have a stroke.  At least she didn't suffer for very long. 

Thanks for listening.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NTTCR: sad day :(

• So sorry for your loss.  {{hugs}}  I have lost 2 fur children myself (dogs) and it is so painful.  Once to cancer and one to old age.  Something so empty about the house when they aren't there any more.  Take care of each other.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • {{{{Hugs}}}}  I'm sorry Char.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry.  {{hugs}}
  • I am so very sorry.  Losing a pet is horrible.  Take some time and take care of you.  Many hugs to you and your DH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry, it's such a horrible thing to go through. I bet she had a better life then 99.9% of the population.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • awwww hun....I am so so sorry that you had to go through that.  You poor thing.  I am also sorry for you kitty.  Losing an animal (especially one that was with you for so long) is never a nice thing.  I wish you strength in the days ahead.  Know in your heart that you were a wonderful kitty mama for all those years with her!  *hugs*

Lisa

• Crying I'm so sorry.
  • OMG, that is absolutely horrible.  I am soo very very sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine how sad you and your DH are feeling.  It sounds like she lived a long and happy life where she was very much loved. RIP sweet Kitty.
  • I am so sorry to hear this.  Losing a beloved furbaby is very hard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Sorry Sad
  • I am so sorry. Our pets become such an integral part of our lives. I hope you and your DH are doing as well as can be expected.
  • (((((hugs)))))

Aw, Char. 

I'm so sorry you lost your kitty.

You gave her a great life, and so much love. As I know that she gave you tons of love and happiness.

As someone who just lost a 16-year-old kitty, I know that while it is nice to know they exceeded their kitty life expectancies, it doesn't take away the pain or sorrow of losing them.

(((((hugs)))))

• I am so sorry, pets are so special and it sucks they go before us.
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • I am so sorry for you loss, pets are family members and it is so painful to lose them. Hugs........
  • Im so very sorry for your loss :(?
  • I'm so sorry Char. (((Hugs)))
  • Oh sweetie!  I'm so sorry! 
    TTC #1,
    IUI #1: December 2008 - BFN
    IVF #1: Microdose Lupron - July 2009; only got 1 egg; BFN
    IVF #2: Natural IVF - Sept 2009; BFP!; D&C Nov. 2009
    IVF #3: Natural IVF - ER: Feb 4, 2010 - 1 "M2" egg retrieved; ET: Feb 9; Beta#1 (19dpo): 2567; Beta #2: 6933; BFP w/ singleton w/strong hrtbt! DS born October 2010
    TTC#2
    IVF #4: Natural IVF - ER: Nov. 20, 2011; ET: Nov. 25, 2011; BFP! Beta#1 (19dpo): 1918; Saw hrtbt on 12/28/11!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like she had a long happy life but I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet...I am sorry for your loss.
  • Sorry for your loss, Char.  ((Hugs))
    Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry. It sounds like you gave your furbaby a wonderful life.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss {{{hugs}}}.  I've gone through something similar...it's heartbreaking. 

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

• oh Char i'm so sorry to hear that. take care of yourself.
  • Oh Char, I am so sorry.  Or pets are our kids.  Crying

"Grieve not,
    nor speak of me with tears,
    but laugh and talk of me
    as if I were beside you.....
    I loved you so --
    'twas Heaven here with you."

• Oh, Char! I'm so sorry for the loss of dear Kitty.  It is so heartbreaking to lose a pet.  My gal is 12ish and I'm thankful for her every day as she gets up there in years.  Hugs to you and DH as your mourn the loss of of your furry friend.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you for all the kind words and the beautiful poems that brought me to tears...good tears though :)
  • Char, I'm so sorry.  I'm going to say a prayer for you, your DH, and your kitty.  (((hugs)))
  • Oh Char...I'm so sorry.  Losing a pet is soooo hard. Give Vinny and your other furbabies extra hugs tonight.

::hugs::

• I am so sorry Char. Losing a pet is painful, especially when you've had 15 years to bond with that precious cat. ::Hugs::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"