Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What ID is needed for kids on flights?

Please tell me I don't need a picture ID.  Do I need his birth certificate?  Social security card?

Re: What ID is needed for kids on flights?

• Options
    We fly Southwest, and we take a copy of his birth certificate.
  • Options
    A copy of a birth certificate or immunization record.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just a birth certificate. 

Southwest has asked for my DD's every time (when we check in).  I just went through all this damn time and expense to go downtown to get my DS's certificate of live birth and United didn't ask for either of them once.  Of course, if I didn't have them, they would have asked  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Birth certificate should be fine.  

I flew Delta last month with DD and they never asked for anything. 

• Options
    It is never a good idea to carry soc security cards!  They should be stored in a safe place. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

We've never needed any ID, but he hasn't ever had his own seat yet. We always bring a copy of the birth certificate just in case.

• Options
    We flew with dd at 6 months and 14. They never once asked for any kind of ID. Good thing too since I didn't bring anything.
  • Options
    I always fly United and they've never asked for anything, even last time when she had her own seat.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD has flown over 20 times on several airlines and both in her own seat and lap and has never needed an ID or anything else. Neither has my second DD.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJoshnEllen:
    It is never a good idea to carry soc security cards!  They should be stored in a safe place. 

Yeah, I know, which is why I'm happy to hear that they wouldn't ask for that.

Is a copy of a birth certificate enough?  Or do I need to bring the real thing?

• Options

copy is fine. 

Southwest definitely asks for it. We've flown Continental with her as lap child about 12 times and they have never asked for it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"