Trying to Get Pregnant

Who else isn't TTC quite yet

Not that anyone has made me feel unwelcome, but sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be here since we aren't starting until May, however, I am charting and have found so much helpful advice here that I am so glad I joined ahead of time.

Reading responses, I see there are a few others like me out there. Just curious who you are and if you're willing to share why you're waiting and when you plan to start.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who else isn't TTC quite yet

• well, we're starting this month and I started lurking here well before that.  we weren't going to start until May actually, but I ended up getting anxious and wondering why I was waiting until May . . . mostly, I would have had to ask for a new prescription from my doctor and it just seemed silly to refill the Rx when we were about to start TTC.  Still nervous and a little scared though
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me! I actually just posted in the Flame Free Confession thread that I sometimes feel like I don't belong here either.

This is my first cycle charting and we are hoping to start TTC by the summer. At this point, we are just waiting for DH to get a job. He has been unemployed since June of last year and we would feel more comfortable if he got a job, eventhough we are fine with just my salary.

But, I already know that I have PCOS and I wanted to chart now so that I can be sure that I do or don't ovulate.

• Loading the player...
  • we started ttc in sep '09.  i found out last cycle that i have to have surgery in may and have to hold off on ttc until 3-4 months after my surgery.  so i am not able to start ttc again until august/september.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm probably the furthest from actually TTC on the board. We don't plan on starting until 2011. We are waiting becasue Syn is finishing up his degree and will be starting a masters/phd program. If I were younger we would probably wait even longer but 2011 gives us enough time for him to actually start working and get settled in his field, without increasing the risk due to age.

If we happen to get pregnant before then, we would be very happy, but we both realize that it would be more of a struggle. I'm all for a struggle, but my logical better half would prefer to have more things accomplished. lol

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• MrsIMrsI member
    I am new here.  Usually hang out on the nest.  But I will be going off my pills in 4 weeks and we will start TTC officially in July.  I wanted to get a head start in charting and thought I could also find some useful info on this board. 
  • I have been lurking here for months, started posting about a month or so ago, and now am here posting daily. ?I having been charting on and off for almost six years, both for ttc and tta. ?

We will start ttc #3 in June. We are waiting until June because I am running a half marathon in May, and I didn't want to be pregnant for it, mainly because even from the early stages, I have had issues with my heart rate getting too high while preg. ?

Plus, #2 will be 2 in August, and we personally do not want our kids to be closer than 2.5 years. ?Our first 2 are 3 years apart, and I love that spacing. ?I know that it may take some time to actually concieve, but we are content having them be over 3 years apart, I just don't think my sanity could hold up to anything less than 2.5 years apart.

• DH and I had been TTC (for 6 months this month actually) but I'm about to lose my health insurance. I'll have it again in August so we're waiting to restart again then.

And let me tell you what - I did not miss the rubbers Stick out tongue

• We're obviously TTC now, but I lurked and posted for about 2 months before we were ready to start. I'm glad you're here, TTC or not. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We are planning on starting after this cycle of BC, so end of April.  We mostly waited until now since I'm a teacher and summer time is a lot less stressful time of year for me. 
  • Great timing for this post.  I was wondering the same thing.  We're also waiting for a bit.  

I've been a lurker here for a little while, so I guess this is as good a time as any for a mini-intro. 

I think we're tied with the longest wait -- we aren't planning on ttc until probably December.  I'd like to start earlier, but because of timing with my job, we need to wait until then.  Lurking on here has definitely been fun so far.  I've learned a lot so far (thanks to all the reading/website recommendations), and feel like I will be really prepared when the time comes.   Hope to get to know you all over the next few months!

**here's hoping my signature works**

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • See ticker... we're starting in May as well.

Although apparently DH has decided we don't need protection or pull-n-pray anymore, so maybe I'll be PG sooner! LOL!

I've just been tracking cycle days and CM, and also doing OPK's to see about when I ovulate! It's a little later now than it was pre-pg!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Me! I went off BCP in early March, and I'm on my first cycle charting. I love coming here. I started off on the Nest GP board, but something about this board, I like better (seems more active and fun, I guess....totally not trying to bash them, but I find myself wanting to come back here).

We are planning on TTC starting in May or June. We're using condoms for now, which we both HATE. Not yet confident enough in knowing my body to TTA at this point, can't wait til we can just throw those away too!

I wondered the same thing as you...about whether or not I "belong" here. I bumped over to the BOTB board, but I don't think that was a fit either (many of them are already pregnant or already have kids). Everyone here has been pretty nice, and I'm *trying* to follow the rules Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The earliest we plan on starting is May.  I have some concerns because I've been off BCPs for a while and charting.  My cycles have been very irregular (long!) and annovulatory (I think).  I have an appt with my OB/GYN next month and I hope to discuss these issues with him.  My hope is that my early planning will give us a jump start when we do actually start TTC.

I have also felt like I don't belong on the Bump, but I totally have BOTB, so I've been lurking a lot and speaking up here and there (mostly on Baby Names).  I consider my "home" board to be MM on the Nest.  I lurk on GP on the Nest, but I think I feel a little more in tune with the vibe from this board.  I am REALLY looking forward to actively TTGP and being more active on this board!

• We were planning on waiting until DH got a job, so we'd have insurance. He actually just got a job today!!! We're going to get the specifics tomorrow and over the next few days.  Then, I think it's 90 days until the insurance is activated, so within the next few months! :) That's sooner than I was expecting.

J. Jackson

Feb '14 March Siggy Challenge: Face Slaps

Daisypath - (SVGA)
    Lilypie - (xd4F)
    Lilypie - (jQcs)
  • Wow, so glad to see I'm not the only over-eager pre-TTCer out there Wink Looking forward to getting started along with all of you soon! And I am so glad that the ladies on this board are willing to help us get off to a good start.

If I hadn't found this board I would be so clueless and waiting for AF after exactly 28 days, having no idea what my cycle was really like, and probably wasting a lot of money and hope PingOAS too early.

• imageMrsI:
    I am new here.  Usually hang out on the nest.  But I will be going off my pills in 4 weeks and we will start TTC officially in July.  I wanted to get a head start in charting and thought I could also find some useful info on this board. 

This! DH and I decided that we would start trying in July. He wants to be "financially" ready. (I really think it's more like he's excited to start, but still a bit scared out of his mind, which I think I can understand). Me I just keep re-evaluating each month, and we discuss it often whether or not we want to start sooner, or push it back later. We originally weren't going to start until October. But then a good friend of mine got engaged and asked me to be her MOH. She planned the wedding for July 30, 2011. So I'm trying to avoid an EDD for that time. We will see what happens.

• kat81kat81 member

Though I'm officially TTC already, I would have appreciated a board appropriate to this topic while I was deciding about when to TTC. I also wish I had gotten to charting sooner, which I would have done had I come here.

I think that it's perfectly reasonable to be here, especially given that a) you have a start day in mind, and b) that date is next month! As you said, you're gaining useful knowledge about monitoring your fertility, so you will be more prepared to start as soon as you are in fact ready.

• A little late to chime in on this one....but we are waiting until May also (we're going on a Med cruise at the end of June, and I didn't want to be any more pregnant than that if it happens (by chance!) the first month actively TTC).  I actually have been on this board since this time LAST year...not that you can tell by my number of posts, but I lurk around and post when I have anything significant to add that hasn't already been said.  Been charting since last March and have learned a ton just reading here daily.  Good luck- you belong:)
  • Me too! I like to think we do belong (even though we aren't physically TTC) because we are here to learn lots of good info, get our charts in order, etc. and I think that is a very important part of the TTC process - no just doing the BD.

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Yep, I feel the same way sometimes. We aren't going to try until after the our wedding which is in September. I am still currently on birth control only for the reason to "control" when I get my period so it doesn't happen during the wedding or honeymoon. But, once the wedding is over I doubt I will be able to finish that pack I will be on...Do yall know if it is better to finish a pack or is it okay just to stop mid pack?
  • I've been hanging out here, on and off, since April of '09, and just this month started TTC.  Like you, I wanted to absorb as much advice and knowledge as I could.  We were waiting for financial reasons.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • Don't feel bad. We're not planning on TTC until August. But I am charting to get an idea of how my cycles work and to get used to charting in general.
  • imageamandaloren:
    Yep, I feel the same way sometimes. We aren't going to try until after the our wedding which is in September. I am still currently on birth control only for the reason to "control" when I get my period so it doesn't happen during the wedding or honeymoon. But, once the wedding is over I doubt I will be able to finish that pack I will be on...Do yall know if it is better to finish a pack or is it okay just to stop mid pack?

I believe it is better to finish a pack in order to finish out the hormonal cycle, if that makes sense.  You have some time yet, so I'd just ask your dr as the time gets closer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"