Parenting after a Loss

Is this a possibility...?

Today for the second time in a row, Mallory drank just one bottle at daycare.  She ate oatmeal and prunes as well.  Is it possible that she's reducing her milk intake and as a result my boobs are making less and therefore I'm pumping less?  I'm grasping at straws here...she just always takes at least 3 bottles at daycare.
DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Is this a possibility...?

• Is she nursing a lot at night?  DS never took bottles, so when he started daycare I would drive there to bf on breaks twice a day, but around 7-8 months when he really started on solids, he didn't need that anymore and I nursed him in the morning and evening/night.
  • She's nursing normal when I get home (5:30ish). At her bedtime she's nursing for longer.  And suddenly waking at 3 AM to nurse (past 2 nights).
    DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Then she is probably replacing those day feedings with night feedings.  I wouldn't assume you are drying up and I wouldn't hurry to supplement if she is getting other nutrition.  Her bf needs are just changing.
  • I don't know a lot about this, but from spending time on the BF board, I've heard about reverse cycling.  Maybe it's possible that she's doing that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"