Austin Babies

crimes against kids making me boohoo

i've always been one of those crying types when i read something sad or see a sad movie, but i am watching 'a time to kill' right now and this is the first movie i am watching after being a mom that involves a crime against a child ( a little girl is raped ). i just couldn't stop crying!! it's gut wrenching! i know it's a movie, but people really do commit awful crimes against children and i guess it makes me even sadder now that i'm a mom.

boohoooCryingSad

09/21/09 and 08/16/2011 image

Re: crimes against kids making me boohoo

• That movie made it hard for me to fall asleep for days. Also the scene from "Eye for an Eye". I still can't watch Kiefer Sutherland in other roles. He's why I couldn't watch 24.

Movies actually scar me more than the real horrible things I see and hear about at work.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I know, people are sick....imagine when one of your students was sexually assaulted by her own father...  Yeah, that was my week Sad
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't watch Kevin Bacon b/c of Sleepers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageangelaggie:
    I know, people are sick....imagine when one of your students was sexually assaulted by her own father...  Yeah, that was my week Sad

oh no. i am so sorry.

• Yeah, once I became a mom I can't read any news stories about crimes against kids or even read about the kids that are sick. It just breaks my heart.
  • imageTaytee:

That movie made it hard for me to fall asleep for days. Also the scene from "Eye for an Eye". I still can't watch Kiefer Sutherland in other roles. He's why I couldn't watch 24.

Movies actually scar me more than the real horrible things I see and hear about at work.

eye for an eye was SO INTENSE years ago. i don't think i could handle that movie now.

• Unrelated (but kinda)...did anyone else sob in the first 10 minutes of UP?  When the doc told her she couldn't have babies, and then when the wife died?  KILL.ME.NOW. 
  • imagefjaril:

I can't watch Kevin Bacon b/c of Sleepers.

Dwight Yoakum freaks me out b/c of Panic Room

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a felony prosecutor and just finished a one year assignment prosecuting sex crimes against kids... at 30 weeks pregnant, I'm happy to be back in general trial court. It is rough.
  • I really like that movie...despite how sad it is...same with the book.  I have read it many times...the closing statement by the defense attorney (MM's role) is so moving.
  • imagebrideonjuly8:
    Unrelated (but kinda)...did anyone else sob in the first 10 minutes of UP?  When the doc told her she couldn't have babies, and then when the wife died?  KILL.ME.NOW. 

DH and I both cried in UP.  It is his favorite movie right now (& he's not normally a sap) Fatherhood has softened him up.

• I totally understand. I haven't seen the movie but since having DS I really really really cannot understand how people can prey upon, take advantage of, exploit children. I used to just think it was sick and wrong but now I understand more just how vulnerable kids are and it horrifies me.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • imagebrideonjuly8:
    Unrelated (but kinda)...did anyone else sob in the first 10 minutes of UP?  When the doc told her she couldn't have babies, and then when the wife died?  KILL.ME.NOW. 

Watch it with spoilers! I haven't seen it yet!!! =P

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I don't think it can qualify as a spoiler if the movie has been out for a year LOL!

Ugh, I know what you mean though....I just do NOT understand people who mistreat children in any way.

• imageTaytee:

imagebrideonjuly8:

Watch it with spoilers! I haven't seen it yet!!! =P

oops, sorry.  That really doesn't take away from the main plot of the story though.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"