High-Risk Pregnancy

New --put on bedrest today :( for shortening cervix

Anyone else experiencing this?  I wonder what it all means.  My cervix went from 2.7 cm to 1.7 cm over the last two weeks.  After my US today showing the 1.7 cm my doctor put me on bed rest and wants me to come to her office Friday for a fetal fibronectin test??  I'm 31 weeks now.  no dilation and no other issues...anyone gone through this??

Re: New --put on bedrest today :( for shortening cervix

• I'm right there with you! Bedrest worked wonders for me... and the FFN test is annoying!

If you go to my blog (in siggy) you can read all about my cervix and FFN fun!

Good luck! Be sure to reply to the check-ins as a lot of us are dealing with shortening cervix....

• same thing... im 34 weeks..at 32.my test came back neg which was good, just means you have a 99 percent chance of not having baby within 2 weeks..if its pos, it doesnt mean u'll have baby early, but they are more strict w/ you.  i go every week now.  been to the hosp twice already this week w/ contractions, just painless onces but the frequency is bad i guess....right now im actually timing them and keeping track, they actually are regular 5-9 min apart, which is a first, still no pain but ick i dont wana go back in!!!  i was put on bedrest last night.  the shots they give u to stop contractions suck too!! 

good luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 28 weeks & also 1.7 cervix & 1 cm dilated with dilated w/ funneling. ?I also have contractions all the time but they're a little better now that I'm on meds.?
  • I am on home bedrest for short cervix as well.  At 22 weeks mine was .8 cm.  It remained steady until 26 weeks at 1.2cm.   Then it was .7, now it is 1.3.   No contractions or dialating for me.   I had an FFN test as well last week, it was negative! 

• At 28 weeks my cervix was 2.6 dr said 2.5 and under was danger area so I was put on bedrest/pelvic rest however I got it modified since my30 wk appt looked better I was supposed to take the FFN test but the midwife didnt do it and didnt seem as concerned as my actual OB.. All looks good so far..I go to work 20 hrs and just sit without lifting anything etc etc..I plan to continue this till the end of the month since LO is due late next month..wanted to go all the way till but its really uncomfortable..I hated the bedrest/restrictions at first but now I kind of appreciate it..

Good luck though! and when I was told I needed the test I looked up stuff about it and it does have a high false positive rate so even if you do get a positive its pretty much only a 30% chance where as a negative is under 1 percent :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"