2nd Trimester

Moms who have used a PnP as LO's bed...

...What kind of bedding, if any, do I need?

We live in a little apartment, and plan on using a PnP for LO's bed for the first several months.  We haven't taken it out of the box yet, because we have 2 cats, and I don't want them laying in it or anything, so I haven't gotten to look at it up close and personal.

So what kind of bedding should I get for this thing?  Or is it even necessary?

Thanks!

ETA: It's the kind of PnP with a bassinet feature.  It's this one exactly, just a different color:

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
"Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy

Re: Moms who have used a PnP as LO's bed...

• As for the little bassinet thingy there really isn't much you can get for it. But for the pnp itself I would recommend getting a waterproof pad and extra sheets! Easier to clean up! Totally up to you though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelraymeremtp:
    As for the little bassinet thingy there really isn't much you can get for it. But for the pnp itself I would recommend getting a waterproof pad and extra sheets! Easier to clean up! Totally up to you though!

Yeah, we're not gonna use the napper thingy on the top, since LO will more than likely exclusively be sleeping in it for several months, we'll take that out and let him sleep in the bigger part underneath it.

• Loading the player...
  • We used one for the first couple of months for LO. We used a few extra pads (yes- easier to clean up) and a regular blanket. Not really any "bedding" to match or to fit the PNP. 
  • You can buy PNP sheets... if you can't find pads for the PNP (I've never looked) you can buy crib ones that aren't fitted and then just fold them in half and stick under the sheet.  Since they aren't moving around for a while it should be sufficient to catch anything you need it to.
    Melissa, Mom to Audrey 01.11.06, Brianna 04.21.08, Clara 09.09.10 & Baby #4 is on the way!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The "mattress" in the bassinet is the same "mattress" that goes in the bottom. Most stores with a baby section sell PNP sheets, or if you know how to sew there are easy directions for make your own to be found online. I have 2 waterproof mattress pads that have a little padding for my PNP and 3 sheets. DEFINITELY have more than 3 sheets!!!! We did have nights where DS either spit up all over or peed on all 3! and I can't believe it's comfie to sleep on that little plastic mattress w/o sheets! The bassinet level on Graco PNP's can usually be used until baby is 15# or sitting up, it's actually very convenient because you're not lowering baby nearly as much.
  • We used one of those waterproof flat sheets made by Carter's (fit perfectly) and a PNP sheet.
    ***DS 10/15/08 *** DD 08/03/10****
  • Ah hah! Thanks ladies! Smile

• I would definitely recommend using the bassinet part, at least for the first few weeks- it's so much easier to get the baby out when it's up high, especially while you're still recovering from the birth.  Plus if you have it next to your bed you can just look over and see the baby at your eye level.  We just used a receiving blanket that we tucked in tight underneath the mattress- much cozier than most PNP sheets!
  • imagejennya1113:
    I would definitely recommend using the bassinet part, at least for the first few weeks- it's so much easier to get the baby out when it's up high, especially while you're still recovering from the birth.  Plus if you have it next to your bed you can just look over and see the baby at your eye level.  We just used a receiving blanket that we tucked in tight underneath the mattress- much cozier than most PNP sheets!

Yeah, we're using the bassinet, but not the "newborn napper", which is the little thing attached to the top.  The bassinet is the part that runs the length of the PnP but in the PIP above is right under the napper.  When LO is bigger than 15lbs, that gets moved down to the floor of the PnP.

But thanks for all your suggestions ladies!

• I don't think that thing on the top is a newborn napper. Looks like a changing table attatchment to me. But I could be wrong. I got a graco pack n play as well! Only mine is the much simpler version. The pippin. Couldn't resist the little green and elephant design! lol.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I second the not a napper piece... We have a Graco PNP and that piece on ours is a changing table attachment. But who knows what Graco has done now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"