Eco-Friendly Family

Non-sugar recipes ? Please help!

My DH recently discovered he has an allergy to white and brown sugar.  He's going to try to detox his body of it completely for atleast 90 days if not indefinitely.

As we all know, sugar is in just about everything!  Does anyone have any good websites for cooking without sugar??  I guess cane sugar is ok though so I can substitute with that and I guess agave nectar?

Any help or direction you could provide would be GREAT!  I'm especially interested in a bread and spaghetti sauce recipe.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)

Re: Non-sugar recipes ? Please help!

• I use a lot of honey & maple syrup.  I just posted a recipe in my blog today for chocolate chip protein bars that are made with honey.
  • I just checked and honey is another allergy Huh?  Do you think the agave nectar would substitute for that?  I just realized my honey wheat bread recipe would work if it does.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Loading the player...
  • How about natural sugar subs like stevia or xylitol?  I personally love xylitol (starting using it for the health benefits and kept using it for the taste) and use it in place of sugar completely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"