Alabama Babies

Hospital Baby Pictures

Did you buy the hospital pictures or wait & purchase professional pictures?  I went to visit a friend of mine today who had her baby on Monday & they had just taken pictures.  They only offered 2 packages but the cheapest one was $160 after taxes.  You get a ton of pictures but personally don't think I want to spend that much money on the quality of the pictues.  I think I rather pay a professional & get cute pictures.  What did/will you do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hospital Baby Pictures

• I did not buy the hospital pictures. The photographer came in and rushed us, I hadn't had a shower (this is the day after delivery so I looked like sh*t), and Sam hadn't eaten yet, so she was extremely fussy. None of the pictures turned out very well because of all of this, and while I hate that we didn't get any good ones, I don't regret not purchasing them. We did get newborn pictures done though, which I wouldn't trade for the world.
  • Although the pictures turned out okay we decided not to buy them. Like Stefjeff said they were pretty expensive and, at least at Brookwood, you had to decide right away...you couldn't even have the rest of the day to think about it...DH and I are starting the dabble in photography and decided that we'd do them ourselves...the ones we've taken so far have turned out really good.
  • Loading the player...
  • We did not.

We had Megan with Clarity there to do Birth Day photography and ordered from that.  The Birth Day stuff is even more amazing when the photographer is there for the actual birth, but T had a c-section so we don't have photography of the birth itself.  Then we had her at the house after we came home.  She likes to do newborn photography before they're 2 weeks old.

• We bought an 8x10 collage, but even that was like $35!  We were just there so damn long we figured we should buy something.  Plus, the main photo is DD with her mouth wide open...hi-larious!  The photog kept saying, "Are you SURE that's the one you want?!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did. To me, I love looking at hospital pictures of people I know.  It is a staple, and I wanted DD to have one of her own when she grows up.  We also did newborn pictures at 6 days old.  I do remember that they were pricey, but not $160. 
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• We didn't buy them, but they were very cute =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We didn't take any at all.  The lady came in at a very bad time the day after delivery and she said she'd come back but she never did.  I decided that it wasn't meant to be at that point.  We took lots of pics on our own though.
  • We were rushed too...the photos were okay and I might have considered buying some but I didn't like that the photog came in without warning and DS had to be woken up...waking a 2-day-old is not cool!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"