Parenting after a Loss

Slow let-down?

In the last few weeks I feel like it takes FOREVER to let down.  DD gets frustrated really quickly, and pulls off and cries, so it sometimes takes a full five minutes of this cycle to achieve let-down.  Ironically, it goes much faster when I pump.  Anyone else have this problem?  I don't know what to do.

Re: Slow let-down?

• I don't have this problem - but one of my friends did - she tried just manually expressing some milk prior to latching the baby to try to speed up the let down as well as visualizing waterfalls and rivers and flowing waters - I am not lying - she said it worked!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a slow let down...more so when pumping then when nursing.  Mallory also gets fussy and pulls off crying.  Just stay calm because if you get anxious it'll take longer.  If you can, try and self express before latching LO on so she doesn't get impatient.  Hang in there!
    DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have very slow let-down; sometimes it takes 10 min for LO to settle and get the milk flowing.  When it gets really bad (night usually), I pump one breast and nurse the other. 

Warm herbal tea and visualization help too....but we're moving to EP because of how tough it is.  It takes up to an hour and a half to feed him the old fashioned way, and it's killing my supply.

Good luck - see an LC if it persists.  DD could have altered her latch. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"