Adoption
Options

Had a "she looks like you" moment

I took DD to the dr yesterday. As we were waiting to pay the copay, she was sitting in her carseat looking charming as other patients came out of exam rooms. An elderly woman asked if her eyes were blue. To be honest, I don't know which way they're going, I think they'll be hazel. But I just said, "They look blue today at least."

She walked right over to me, gazed into my eyes, and said, "Well, you have blue eyes, hers will probably look just like yours."

I just smiled.

Re: Had a "she looks like you" moment

• Options
    Haha. I'm 31, adopted, and look nothing like either of my parents. But we *still* get this all the time.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It will happen more and more!

The funniest one for me was when I went to a baby shower. There was a game where we posted baby pictures of ourselves and each guest had to wirte down who matched with picture. I was pic #6 and one of the guests said "#6  looks just like Shelby so it must be Lisa!"

• Loading the player...
  • Options

trust me - you will get it all the time.  We get it and Lil J is asian, well - a bit.

none of my 3 kids have the same father (that sounds really bad), and we get that Colin looks like frank (NOT), cora looks like Lil J, etc.

I have a friend that has an adopted child who is a totally different race, and even she gets it too

• Options
    We get it all the time....
  • Options
    We've been getting that too.  We also hear "she looks just like her brother!" (who is my bio child).  It's funny.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

so cute!!!

My foster daughter looks just like me, even our case worker said "she was just meant to be with you guys! "

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelisanjay:

The funniest one for me was when I went to a baby shower. There was a game where we posted baby pictures of ourselves and each guest had to wirte down who matched with picture. I was pic #6 and one of the guests said "#6  looks just like Shelby so it must be Lisa!"

LOL, isn't it crazy!  I was at the park last fall and a woman came up to me and said, "Are you __________ __________'s wife?"  I said yes, and she said, "I figured because when I saw that baby, I thought, that must be (DH's) son--they look exactly alike."  WILD.  We get it all the time with my husband.  Me, never, LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    imageMyColonyNJ:

I have a friend that has an adopted child who is a totally different race, and even she gets it too

HA HA...This is me...my daugther is AA and when I brought her to work, many people thought she was my bio child.  Also, one co-worker, said "I know she was adopted, but wow, she just looks like you!"  melt...felt like such a compliment!!! 

• Options
    I get that alllll the time. Most of the time when I have to explain one is adopted and one is bio they always want to guess who is who (annoys the crap out of me) but they ALWAYS guess that my adopted one is the bio one - I just always smile and move on....I hate it but it makes me happy that she looks so much like us! ;)

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options
    My hubby got this for the first time (I've gotten it a few times but I look more like him) the other day and it freaked him out. DH has blonde hair, blue eyes and is as pale as you can get. 
  • Options
    That's great!  Sometimes when I'm talking I'll say Ben got this from or DH and not even realize it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My husband is Filipino, but shaves his head. Lots of people have no idea his ethnicity and often mistake him for AA. Now we have a 5 week old AA son who does have similar facial features. Everyone says they look a like. The funny thing is now my husband will have an even more difficult time convincing people he is really asian. 
  • Options

We get this all the time too...and even today at lunch our birthmother told me that it's funny how much Payton looks like me.  She remarked that Payton has my nose.  We have family friends who think that she looks just like my baby sister (who also has the same nose as me).

My DH has also noticed Payton makes (or tries to) a lot of my same facial expressions, so I think some of it as they get older can be learned as well.  She made a face at dinner tonight that apparently I make all the time!  They mimic you and act like you and it's not all "looks" -- but enjoy it.  I think it's so funny when people see similarities.

• Options
    oh my gosh you have a baby!!!!!!!! congrats!!!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"