Northern California Babies
Options

Small vent about daycare and food

Yesterday I found out that my DCP gave Ethan a couple of veggie straws.  I was so irritated, we give her every couple of weeks a list of new foods he can eat and for many reasons veggies straws are definitely not on it.  DH was the one that found out when she told him that he liked it.  Fortunately DH said it was probably because it was salty and that we prefer not to give that to him.  This morning I reiterated that we don't want to give him that food which was tough because I'm soo not a confrontational person.  I've been going to this daycare since Emmy was 3 months old so it's not like I don't trust them, I'm just annoyed and wanted to vent.

Re: Small vent about daycare and food

• Options
    It is annoying. I've dealt with that off and on since S was tiny, and her caretakers are all family! My SIL gives only healthy stuff but it was stuff that was bothering her tummy. Of course the grandparents try to sneak stuff in here and there. I send tons of food, more than she can eat, so they do not have to give her anything else and I've made it clear it is not ok. But I'm sure she's getting some stuff I don't know about. Frustrates the hell out of me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have similar issues with our DC - its very frustrating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh. I would have had a hard time saying something as well. I get equally frustrated when my family or the in-laws gives the kids things- candy, juice, chips.
  • Options
    My DH is the one who introduced veggie straws. Between that and TV you'd think he was a grandma instead of a daddy. ;)
  • Options
    i can relate - very frustrating. 
  • Options
    She's done that with K on many different occasions... I find it extraordinarily frustrating and annoying, grrr.
  • Options
    I am sorry you had to deal with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"