Parenting after 35

TV?

Any recommendations for TV shows appropriate for LO's? DD really hasn't watched anything yet, aside from when DH & I watch & then she has no interest. I wouldn't mind her watching 1/2 an hour of it if there is something to keep her attention.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TV?

• I don't think I'll get flamed for this (at least not here) but I started Sydney watching Sesame Street this week. She LOVES it. I only let her watch about a half an hour but she smiles and giggles. Especially at certain segments (Abby's Flying Fairy School). 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You might want to try Yo Gabba Gabba.  DD loves it -- in spurts.  She doesn't have the attention span to sit and watch TV continuously for 22 minutes, or however long it is.  But when she was your DD's age and she got super fussy at night.  I'd sit her in my lap and she'd watch that show calmly, as long as we got up and danced when the songs came on.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I may get flamed too but Callie and smiles loves Blues Clues, she sits and giggles and for the 30 minutes I find it amusing too.
  • please no flames here .... Nicholas LOVES Curious George and Sesame Street also.  I think as long as you only have them watch it for a few minutes and not sit them in front of the tv for hours, you're ok.  Above all, N loves to just be outside as well, hearing the wind, watching the birds and the leaves and hearing the different noises is cool for him...
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ha no flames here! She loves Barnyard Friends on the big screen at grandma and granpaps!
  • I may get flamed too - Maddie doesn't care for any shows but loves the Qwest Cable commercials Embarrassed - and pretty much only those commercials. I wish she would like a program. I showed her Sesame Street and other PBS shows and she hasn't had an interest.
  • Fiona hasn't really showed too much interest in tv. I have a Baby Einstein video with animals, but it didn't keep her attention. She does like the Empire Carpet commercials though.
  • If all of you are going to get flamed, I will, too. Jace loves Blues Clues, Special Agent Oso, Yo Gabba Gabba and the Wonder Pets. What I've noticed is he seems to like the characters that are large, colorful and not too complex (simpler facial features, etc). His FAVORITE though, and my least favorite, is Kai-Lan. He likes her because of her voice and the graphics. I dislike it because there's a whiney character on there. So his Kai-Lan days are numbered- she will soon no longer be an option. :)

He watches about 20 minutes in the morning when DH gives him his bottle. In the evening, when I get home, he watches a few more minutes. He also watches Baby Einstein on my commute days.

I spoke with my pedi about all of this and she's totally fine with it.

• No flames here either. C has been entranced by March Madness. That's what she is staring at in the Bumbo siggy pic.

She also thinks that the J G Wentworth song is a lullaby, so you know...probably best not to go by what we do.

• Also, it is really difficult for me to concentrate on your posts because Sienna is sooooooo cute in your siggy pic, I just keep looking at her instead.
  • Vivianna saw Dancing with the Stars the other day and between the music and the shiney costumes she got soooo excited. She also loves football and basektball. I think anything with movement. While we were in Louisiana for my FIL funeral, I walked in the living room to find MIL and LO watching a cartoon and she was just sitting there with really big eyes and her mouth hanging open. There is almost no way to stop them from seeing it completely and no matter how much she likes it, after a couple of minutes her toys regain her interest.

• imageYaraC:
    Also, it is really difficult for me to concentrate on your posts because Sienna is sooooooo cute in your siggy pic, I just keep looking at her instead.

Thank you!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"