High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

anyone on bedrest with a toddler?

it's only been a week and it is really wearing on me that i am not as present in my son's life as i would be if i could be up and about. i am not sure how i am going to handle the next 2-3 months should i have to be on rest that long.

any advice? who is taking care of your toddler while you are on bedrest? anyone in the hospital on rest, and how are you managing that?

i feel like a crappy mom both to DS for having to be lying down during his busiest times and to DD for my body not being able to handle pregnancy the way it should. so discouraged today!

Re: anyone on bedrest with a toddler?

• Options

I also struggled with feeling like a crappy mom in the beginning. It was hard on my son as well. However, we are in a routine now and he is used to it. I've been on bed rest for a little over 10 weeks. My mom has been staying with us for a month. She fixes him breakfast and lunch and watches tv with him. She can't do much because it's hard for her to walk, but it helps. Before she came my husband would work from home.  My son and I would watch a lot of tv together, read books, color, play puzzles, play cars...We still do those things. He's 3.

It isn't your fault that your body isn't cooperating. Your son probably will barely remember this time in his life. Baby will never even know too! You're doing what's best for the baby, that's what matters.

Hang in there, things will get better. 

• Options

I asked this same question when I was put on bedrest 8 weeks ago...It is hard, but it can be done. And it seems to be getting easier. .Here is the link to my post......

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/31275583.aspx

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"