Blended Families

Update on SD visit w/ BM last Friday..

I never updated how it went.. older SD went over to her moms house (for the first time in just over 6 months) Friday after school until around 10:30 when DH picked her up.

She said it went good, she was super excited about how much her little brother was talking (he is 2.5) and said that her mom said she missed them and wanted to see them more.

IDK, we will see what happens, BM has made no effort to see the kids, SD initiated the visit last week. I just hate seeing the kids get their hearts broken over and over again by their mom. SD posted a poem on her blog about her mom.. and the last line was "Shes my hero". sigh... 

Re: Update on SD visit w/ BM last Friday..

• I'm glad that the visit went well... I'm sad that she feels her mom is her hero, because obviously she isn't around and isn't a good mom for her. I hope SD doesn't get her heart broken again by BM, I really hope BM will make more of an effort to see her.
  • She's my hero - typical.  

My BFF recently told me that her son idolizes his BF.  He is always raving about his soccer skills and abilities.  Thing is he would rather play soccer than be a dad.  He rarely comes to see his son, does not pay CS and is minimally involved.  Her DH had been there for most of DSs life and he gets very little recognition.  He is a good hard working man, unlike unemployable BD, but her son want to he just like his dad when he grows up.  They will eventually come to realize.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"