1st Trimester

Free Blog Sites?

Hello!

I wanted to start a blog to keep my family and friends updated on the progress of the pregnancy and just wondering what everyone's favorite site is to host a free blog?  I've heard of blogspot and wordpress... just wondering if one is better than the other for someone new to this?  Or if there are any other free sites out there that may be better?

TIA!

Happy Wednesday!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image> Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Free Blog Sites?

• Blogspot...!  I love it.  If you want an example, you can PM me for mine...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks!  I will do that shortly...
  • Loading the player...
  • I use wordpress, I wish it was more flexible in terms of design but it serves its purpose. I don't have any strong feelings towards any sites, nor any reason to persuade you to use wordpress.

For someone who is not "webby" (as in, I develop web content as a career and know some code, etc), I might recommend not using wordpress, I feel like it can be a little confusing. 

• I use Blogspot (link in siggy) and LOVE it.  It's really easy to figure out.  And even the most basic blogs look like you made an effort!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the input... I am definitely not web savvy, so I think I may just use blogspot.  Seems pretty easy for us newbies!

Thank you!

• I use blogspot even though I haven't shared it yet with anyone.  But I'll be using that to keep family updated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • www.posterous.com is the easiest blogging site out there.

To post to your blog, you just send an e-mail to post@posterous.com

Your e-mail's subject will be the subject of your blog entry.

Your e-mail's text will become the entry text.

And any attachments, photos, movies, etc. will be neatly placed in the blog entry. 

It's ridiculous how easy it is. I'm not sure why it's not more popular here. 

imageimage
  • I did a blog for DD with totsites.com - I loved all of the different features, updates, etc. and the site is designed with baby in mind.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"