Washington Babies
Options

Playroom update!

We made some progress clearing out our small guest room and making it an office/playroom!!! Thanks for the help ladies, we decided on the Ikea storage and table/chairs. Now I need to figure out wall decor and paint color. I'm using the theme of animals and bright primary colors for the room. I bought some alphabet flash cards that I want to put up, and I want to hang their "art" on one wall too.

Re: Playroom update!

• Options
    Looks great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Looks fantastic!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That room looks like so much fun!
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options

So cute!! I love that toy storage and the baskets on the table!!

And they boys are SOOOO stinkin cute!

• Options
    Something I did for the boys artwork is hang a clothesline and have them paint and decorate clothes pins and hang it from there. Love how your room came out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageindigo91804:
    Something I did for the boys artwork is hang a clothesline and have them paint and decorate clothes pins and hang it from there. Love how your room came out. 

We used curtain rod anchors and a strong wire for the same concept.  We put pictures of family members on there, and art work, and cards ect..  The could each have their own.

I think it looks great, the boys look so happy!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options
    Super cute!!  Looks like fun!
  • Options
    That looks really great!  I don't know if anyone suggested it to you but you might consider an area on the wall where you can put up some chalkboard paint and put a little frame around it and they will have an area to draw on for years : )    They also have magnet paint that you could do another section with and you could do ABC magnet on it.
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    imageWatchPot:

imageindigo91804:

We used curtain rod anchors and a strong wire for the same concept.  We put pictures of family members on there, and art work, and cards ect..  The could each have their own.

I think it looks great, the boys look so happy!

I LOVE this idea! I will have to find a clothes line/pins for each of them!!!

• Options

imagetfarabians:
    That looks really great!  I don't know if anyone suggested it to you but you might consider an area on the wall where you can put up some chalkboard paint and put a little frame around it and they will have an area to draw on for years : )    They also have magnet paint that you could do another section with and you could do ABC magnet on it.

I love this too, I found some cheap frames at Ikea, and was trying to figure out what to do with them, where do you find this paint?

• Options
    imageTwinMommy09:

imagetfarabians:

I love this too, I found some cheap frames at Ikea, and was trying to figure out what to do with them, where do you find this paint?

Try on line.  Every time i go to Lowes or Home Depot it's out. 

Instead of clothes pins you could also use the new kind of shower curtain hooks that have a clip on the end.  Some curtain hooks have this design too. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options
    it looks SO awesome!! Love the colors! Their BFFs can't wait to come play in it!
  • Options
    That turned out great. I love all the bright colors. I really need to finish Blake's playroom. Its almost done I just need to get some shelfs for some of his toys and books.
  • Options
    Look on etsy for fun wall decals!! And we have a wire with clips that I think was for curtains from ikea. I will get another for the playroom fir artwork. I also saw a cool rail type thing for holding books. I think it was a diy thing with a thin shelf and then a thin pole. I can't explain it. I will look for pictures.
  • Options

OK I can't find the thing for the book rack but I found something similar:

Only what I saw was just one level low along the wall and they made it using a picture rail/little shelf for putting picture frames on, and then that dowel/rod part.  I just can't quite remember how they did the dowel part.  But you get the idea.

Anyway, I think I'm going to get that IKEA toy storage thing now that everyone has reviewed all of the options! 

• Options
    I love it!  Great work!
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey you have the Busy Zoo! DD loves this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"