Secondary IF
Options

I had an interesting internal dialogue today

Yes, I go around talking to myself and I also sometimes answer myself.  Only in my head though, I swear. :)  This makes me sound like a crazy person.

A girl I work with is pg and due in May near what my due date was.  She's sweet, but now that her belly is big I avoid her out of self preservation. I was stuck in the elevator with her this morning and found myself moping about it.  I thought, I could have been pg right now.  Then I thought well, I could have been a doctor too but I don't go around moping about that.  See, in college I wanted to become an MD.  My family discouraged it and I listened.  I've always regretted my choice, but there's not much to be done about it now.  I'm happy with life even though it's not exactly what I imagined when younger.  I just thought it was a different way of thinking and I'm going to hold onto it.

It's stupid, but just thought I'd share.  I could've been a lot of different things, but instead this is the hand I've been dealt.  I like my hand.

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise

Re: I had an interesting internal dialogue today

• Options

Aww Lucky, you rock! (I just had to tell you that)

I think the way you looked at it was definitely interesting, except in my case I think I would mope more lol. I wanted to be a pediatrician growing up and then a nicu or maternity nurse. I mope about that occasionally.

I'm sure it must be so hard to see people like that, due when you would have been. I cannot really relate because my (unconfirmed) m/c was when my ex and I were not trying. I just wanted to send hugs anyways though.  

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

Thanks H4M. YOU rock! :)

A m/c is hard, whether it was a planned pg or not.  It's definitely easier with time though.  I probably wouldn't think about my due date if I didn't see my pg coworker everyday.

This morning was simply my way of giving myself a kick in the butt to get over myself already. :P

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.  I think your outlook is great though.  It's up to us how to deal with things.  I like posts like this because it reminds me of that and I need those kind of reminders pretty often... so thanks!
  • Options

I do that sometimes to myself too.  I often wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn't gone to college in Idaho.  I really didn't enjoy it there.  But I made great friends there.  And if I hadn't gone there, I wouldn't have met my BF, and if I hadn't met her and she hadn't known and hated my ex, she never would have sent me on a blind date with DH.  So, while I could have had a better college experience else where, I too really ought to get over myself!  I went to college in Idaho.  So what? Who cares?

I think whether you had a pg co-worker or not, the approach of what would have been your due date would be hard. It seems totally normal to me to be sad at that time.  Big hugs to you!!!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I *heart* you lucky!!!!!
  • Options

imageeyenerd:
    I *heart* you lucky!!!!!

I <3 ya back! :)

• Options
    I love that!  I'm going through some serious personal stuff right now and I need to remember that.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"