TTC after 35

Good and (possible) Bad News

As it turned out, I did get pregnant on my first round of injections.  I am 5 weeks today, however, I'm not super hopefully that this pregnancy will be viable because I have been spotting (brown, no cramps) and have lost my symptoms.

I talked to my nurse and she said nothing I told her is a concern for her (even when I told her I passed a small clot yesterday) and that she is surprised that I was having symptoms at all because I'm still early.  She said typically woman don't start to feel anything until about 6 weeks.  So I went in for another beta today to see if this will be a viable pregnancy. 

I do hope it is for obvious reasons and since it took 2 years to get pregnant after my last miscarriage.   It would be nice if I could actually announce a pregnancy without adding 'but I miscarried'.

Anyway, I'll give updates as soon as I find out.  Fingers crossed.

Re: Good and (possible) Bad News

• Good luck!  Sending you lots of sticky dust!

• Sending you tons and tons of sticky, healthy baby dust!!

Everything is crossed, and T&P are coming your way!!

I so hope this is it for you, Chicken. I can't tell you how hard I'm hoping.

(((hugs)))

Joyful

• Loading the player...
  • Sending you lots of "Bump" power and good, good thoughts!

I hope so much this is it for you!  Keep us updated!

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sending positive vibes and fingers crossed for you!  
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • jcathjcath member

I'm sending sticky dust your way. Hope the Beta's come back terrific.

• Will be crossing fingers...toes...whatever can be crossed for you as well as lots of positive thoughts!
  • Sending lots of positive vibes your way.  Please post later with your beta / updates.
  • Sending you tons and tons of sticky, healthy baby dust!!  Our T&P are with you....everything is crossed!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sending lots of sticky dust your way!  FWIW, I bled from 5 weeks to 11 weeks, sometimes brown, sometimes red and sometimes quite heavy.  I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage at 6 weeks.  It was somewhat unnerving and I wasn't hopeful at all.  In fact, there were two specific instances where I bled heavier than any period I have ever experienced.  I was convinced that I had miscarried.  But, the fetus is still looking great!  Don't count yourself out just yet!  Good luck!  I really hope this one sticks for you!!!!!
    dx: Fragile X Syndrome
  • Come on stick baby stick!!!!  GL and tons of prayers headed your way.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• I spotted with DD the exact way you are describing, so don't give up hope! She was my 5th pg and when I had lost the previous ones I had bled like a normal period, not had the brown stuff. I was sure I was m/c again, but she was in there snug as a bug with a hb I heard at 5 weeks 3 days. I did it again around week 9 and then I never had anymore spotting. Mine increased with activity and my RE gave me an excuse for work so I could stay home and put my feet up. Good luck and hang in there, I would not count myself out yet! Feel free to pm me if you have any questions! 
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Sending sticky dust your way!!

I am always amazed at the support and strength of the women on this board.  They will help to get you through this whatever the outcome!

• All good vibes heading your way with lots of sticky dust too.  Please keep us posted!
  • Lots of sticky dust sent to you.  I know many ladies who had spotting (and not just brown which is old blood) but went on to carry to term very healthy babies.  I hope to see a nice high beta number.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Oh Chicken...I am praying for you! I'm sending you all of my stickiest thoughts!!!  Please keep us updated!!! 

• Here too!  Chicken I hope and pray that everything is fine with this little bean!  Try to stay positive hun!!!  Let us know how things are when you can!  *hugs*

Lisa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"