Secondary IF

*Queenbone*

I remember reading in one of your posts that you are doing injectables with TI.  Did your RE give you any sort of rates of success with TI vs. IUI if there is no MFI?  I'm "unexplained" like you.  I'll speak with my RE about it but I was wondering what your RE's take on it is.  Thanks and good luck to you this cycle!

Re: *Queenbone*

• Hmm, I don't think he did give me the percentages of TI vs IUI. He did want me to do IUI, but I don't remember hearing stats in that conversation.

Looking through my info packet I see a 20-42% success with gonadotropins if the tubes are clear and good sperm count.  It is unclear whether this is for TI or IUI.  The doctor told me a 10% chance of multiples, but as Tripmomma pointed out, our info packet lists 20%.  Maybe that is the difference between TI or IUI?

I did ask how long should one try with injectables and he said if it doesn't work after 4 cycles, odds are it won't work.

GL!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks!

When my RE first said injectables DH's face went like Indifferent . So I asked her if we could do TI instead of an IUI thinking DH would feel more "normal" if we could still have sex to procreate.  She kinda hesitated and said we could.

Nothing is set in stone yet because I'm still doing all the preliminary testing but I wasn't sure if we should just do the IUI and possibly give us a better chance at conceiving.

I appreciate the info!  Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"