Cincinnati Babies
Options

Carrot Cake recipe??

Does anyone have a really good carrot cake recipe with cream cheese icing  they would like to share? I want to make this for Easter, but I also want to make it from scratch and not from the box. Any suggestions would help a ton. I have one recipe in mind, but I wanted to see what all you wonderful ladies have to offer. Thanks =)

Re: Carrot Cake recipe??

• Options
    I have an INCREDIBLE recipe but it is at home, but I can get it for you later if you want.
  • Options
    I made this last Easter.  I thought it was awesome!

Ingredients for Cake:
    4 eggs
    3/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/2 cup applesauce
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    3 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    3 cups grated carrots (I used my vegetable peeler and did short strokes to get small, thin pieces)
    chopped walnuts (I used less than 1/4 cup. I don't like nutty cake)

Ingredients for Frosting:
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    chopped walnuts (I used a handful. Again, I don't like too many nuts)

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2, 9 inch round cake pans.

2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white and brown sugar and 3 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in walnuts. Pour evenly in prepared pans.

3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped walnuts. Frost the top of one of the cooled cakes. Place the other cake on top and frost the top of that one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just made this one about a month ago and it is AWESOME.  I always check the reviews on Allrecipes, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with the high rating it has:

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sams-Famous-Carrot-Cake/Detail.aspx

• Options
    Thanks so much ladies! Sprads I would love to see your recipe as well if you don't mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"