December 2010 Moms

I hit a "milestone" last night!

A while ago DH asked me when i was going to "outgrow" my belly button piercing and I told him when I got pregnant, I'd take it out!

So last night, we took it out! It feels SO weird! I never realized how used to it I got - but now whenever I touch my stomach it feels weird. And it's weird to look at it too - but that's probably because there is a gaping hole on my stomach now.

So does anyone else have one that they plan on removing soon? 

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Baby Girl #3!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I hit a "milestone" last night!

• It is so funny that you mentioned this....I was just thinking about this exact issue this morning. 

I am pretty sure that I am going to take mine out.  I originally thought I might just get a pregnancy one, but I think I should just "outgrow" it myself. 

I will be curious to see others reponses too...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had to remove mine for surgery on Feb 19th. I was mad because the dr actually sewed through my pierced hole! I wanted to be the one that decided when it was coming out!

Little did I know a month later it would have come out anyways!

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Ha!  I thought about this too!  I actually took mine out when we started TTC.  I didn't want the hole to get bigger as my belly got bigger.....I still have a very small hole, but can't really see it too much unless you are looking for it.
  • I had taken mine out about a year ago, but you can still see the hole (which I'm hoping doesn't stretch too bad).  DH said it looks like I was bitten by a one-fanged vampire : )

Are there any kinds of treatments, after pregnancy of course, that can minimize the scar?

• imageAshleyM51:

I had taken mine out about a year ago, but you can still see the hole (which I'm hoping doesn't stretch too bad).  DH said it looks like I was bitten by a one-fanged vampire : )

Are there any kinds of treatments, after pregnancy of course, that can minimize the scar?

There are many creams and treatments for scars. Mederma and bio oil are two I can think of off the top of my head. The scar treatment will not help with any internal scarring that developes and leaves a lump under the skin. Nor will it help the hole to close faster.

I've had mine out for 4 weeks now and my hole is almost gone. I have a ton of scar tissue- internal and external- where the piercing has moved and torn since I got it done nearly 13 years ago.

• I took mine out a few years ago after a beach outing where I heard someone call me by my last name and I was mortified to see a group of teenage boys looking at me in a bikini with my belly button ring.  Never thought my students would be at the same beach at the exact same time as me.  Guess that's when I 'outgrew' it!  Now I still have the sad little hole...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"