Indiana Babies

What are you putting in DC's Easter Basket?

I think Jake will get a kick out of just playing with the plastic eggs.  I'm going to put some toys in if I can find them, but I think just about everything that size is a choking hazzard.  I think I am going to get him a bucket for the beach filled with beach toys that he can play with outside.  But really, this kid doesn't need toys or candy!!

For DH, he will get lots of candy.  Hiding the basket is actually the most fun!

Re: What are you putting in DC's Easter Basket?

• Books and a little stuffed rabbit
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She's getting a book, a swimsuit, and a wooden toy.  I think Easter baskets will be more fun in future years when she actually gets it :)

• Loading the player...
  • I got her 2 new books and 2 pads of stickers (she's reeeeeeeeally into stickers right now!).  I have some cadbury mini eggs I bought for myself so I'll give her a few of them.  And I'll probably get her a peep, just for tradition.  Oh and I have a little people easter set for her too.  That reminds me, I need to get that out of the little people closet at my moms.  haha.
  • I was just going to "hide" a few eggs for him to find.  Maybe put a cheerio and/or goldfish in the egg.  I think he'll have fun playing with the eggs.  I was also thinking about a stuffed toy or something. 

I really need to go to Target and get this taken care of! before everything is gone!

• Plastic eggs filled with veggie puffs and yogurt melts, a puzzle, a set of soft blocks, bubbles, a t-shirt, bunny ears, an Easter bib and a board book.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • she has a book, a doll, a coloring book, 2 dvds and a 6pk of little people eggs.  she doesn't get candy or junk food either so there won't be any of that.  she also doesn't need toys, but her little people collection is just starting so i feel like that doesn't count!
  • good idea on the eggs!!  Jake loves his puffs and yogurt melts!

Tell me about the little people eggs. I bet I really need to get them...

• imagemanda429:

good idea on the eggs!!  Jake loves his puffs and yogurt melts!

I think he'll enjoy shaking the eggs more than anything! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemanda429:

good idea on the eggs!!  Jake loves his puffs and yogurt melts!

Tell me about the little people eggs. I bet I really need to get them...

I saw little people eggs at Target.  They were plastic eggs that came with a different little people character to put in each. Jake would probably love them.  When I worked in daycare my toddlers would fight over the Little People.  I had to hide them sometimes to get things under control!

Isabella is getting several Dr. Suess books, bunny ears, bubbles, and a stuffed Mickey (she really seems to be drawn to Mickey, I'm guessing it's the bright colors). I'm also making her shaky eggs and I'll probably give her some puffs or yogurt melts as her "candy."

• No basket from us this year. Grandparents took care of three separate baskets and about 50 other random gifts for Easter, so we decided to save our time and money :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haley's getting a coloring book that also comes with stickers (she LOVES stickers right now), a book and a little notebook for her to write in (she also likes to copy mommy and daddy by writing on real paper).  I am contemplating getting her a new doll, but she has quite a few that she doesn't really need a new one.  I'm planning to put yogurt raisins in the eggs.  We'll probably hide some out in the front yard for her to go find! :) 

Last year (she was 15 months) - I put yogurt melts in her eggs.  She loved it!

• Books, Bubbles, some medium & small tonka toy cars, a bucket hat, sunglasses, a small bucket set, growth chart, shoes, a new outfit.  I have some plastic eggs which we are going to fill with cheerios/puffs/TJoes crackers and "hide" (we'll see how well that works).  I was bummed b/c I wanted to get a PBK basket but waited too long so instead of a basket I am filling the pum pum drum from target with B's stuff ...I am also debating about giving him his Radio Flyer wagon for Easter instead of b-day (which is in May) b/c we are going to the zoo on Saturday.  FWIW, I tend to go "big" on holidays - blame my mom :)
  • imageIndyWife06:

I was just going to "hide" a few eggs for him to find.  Maybe put a cheerio and/or goldfish in the egg.  I think he'll have fun playing with the eggs.  I was also thinking about a stuffed toy or something. 

I really need to go to Target and get this taken care of! before everything is gone!

These posts about food in the eggs are great!  I was also wondering what I could put in that wasn't candy or a choking hazard toy!!!  Thanks!!!

ETA:  Oh, and DS is getting a coloring book, markers, crayons, chalk, and the "Five Little Monkeys" set of books!

• - Eggs filled with puffs (which I was proud of, but I see now is not an original idea at all - LOL!)

- Sippy cup

- Plan Toys Xylophone that I couldn't pass up when I went to buy liners last week.

- PJs

• MIL sent some stuff a week or so ago, so DD (2.5) has already technically done her Easter basket stuff. It was really cute.

MIL wrapped up about ten different presents (outfits, pjs, a potty book, a couple Barbie-type dolls) and numbered them, and stuffed plastic eggs with various candy (could have skipped that) and pieces of paper numbered one to ten.

I "hid" the eggs around the house. She would find one, bring it back to me and open it, and if there was a number in it, she'd match it to the number on the present and open it.

She LOVED it, and I have to give MIL kudos for initiating it.

• We went shopping for it last weekend at the end of our date night...lame =)  We got her a Veggie Tales CD, Larry and Bob (from VTs) bath puppet and water toy, and a chocolate bunny (for tradition).  We will of course be eating all of her candy because she doesn't get that yet.  I think that will be the last year we will get away with that!  We planned on having an Easter egg  hunt outside for her with little crackers in the eggs, but we are postponing that until she gets her cast off (hopefully on Tuesday!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"