Blended Families

Had my baby

I went in for induction wed night and after they put the gel on my cervix began having contractions.  In the am htey started pitocin but I was only 2cm.  At 2:30 I was at 7 and things looked like they were going really smoothly.  At 5pm I was at 9 but still had a lip on my cervix and the dr realized at that point that LO was facing up, not down.  They tried for an hour to get the lip to go away and to turn the baby around (and then tried to have me give birth with her that way using a vacuum which didn't work and at a little after 6pm I was sent in for an an emergency c-section. 

Isabella was born at 6:22pm weighing 6lbs 9oz 20 inches long.  I was in MASSIVE pain because my epi had started wearing off during the tug of war between the baby/cervix and dr back in the delivery room.  Bella ended up being jaundiced and had to go under the lights for 24 hours.  When we were discharged on SUnday we were told we would have to go back to the hospital on Monday to have her levels checked again.  They ended up going up but weren't as high as they had been so we were told to take her out in the sun and have her levels checked again on Tuesday.  Finally her bloodwork came back normal so she is fine now.  Otherwise they would have had to give her a blanket and possibly re-admit her, we weren't sure if they were even going to let us take her home on Sunday.

She is a great baby.  Sleeps a lot, doesn't fuss unless she is hungry, needs a diaper change, loses her pacifier, or her legs are uncovered.  She is just a very easy baby.

Re: Had my baby

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"