Baby Names

nn for Lauren?

DH loves the name Lauren.  I don't hate it.  What are some good nns?  WDYT of the name?  I like names like Adair and Harper, but DH prefers those for mns. 

Re: nn for Lauren?

• Elyse?  Any family names?

My poor sister is Lauren Howard (after my dad's father)...don't know what my parents were thinking there. Stick out tongue

ETA: I just realized you asked for nicknames, NOT middle names...my bad.  Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
  • Laur? (pronounced Lore)

Renny?

I don't think Lauren really needs a nn, every Lauren I've ever known has just gone by Lauren. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Loading the player...
  • This is one name that doesn't need a nn. My friend Lauren goes by Lauren, occasionally we say "Lore" when being lazy.

nn do not have to stem froma name. Dillon has about 2 nn at this point, none that have anything to do with his name. I am not sure one will stick for when he is older, but you never know.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Lauren is a nice name. 

Possible nicknames: Lori, Ren, Lola, Renny, LaLa, Lo

• The only Lauren nickname I know is from a friend growing up. Her middle name was a J (Jean, I think) and her nickname was LJ.
    imageAlways Painted,Usually Chipped Disclaimer - This is not a nail polish blog.
  • Lori
    image 30 y/o with PCOS HSG normal, SA essentially normal (slightly low morph but good # and motility) 50 mg Clomid...zip; 100 mg Clomid...nada; 150 mg Clomid...zilch 1/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F, Ovidrel, and TI.....Beta 2/22...BFN 2/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F and Follistim (long story), Ovidrel..BFN 4/10 Injectable cycle (see above). BFP but early m/c 5w5d. 5/10 Break cycle due to BFC (Big Fat Cyst)...darn it all 6/10 Injectable cycle +IUI...BFN 7/10 Injectable cycle + IUI.....BFP!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know someone who named her DD Lauren and calls her Lo. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My friend Lauren goes by Lauren or Lar (as in Lars without the s).

• <---Lauren

About 90% of the time, people just say Lauren... but growing up, my most common nn was Lolo.  Now it's just Lo or Laur.   I have a good friend that's a Lauren, and her nn growing up was Lulu.   Barring some serious creativity, that's probably about it.

Renny?   Dear god no.

• I'm a Lauren. Most say Lauren but close friends and family have always called me either Lau or Laur. FYI, I actually really like my name...never had any issue with it at all!
  • We always called my friend Lauren Laur, but I think Lo is really cute
  • ctanactana member
    One of my dearest friends is named Lauren and her NN is Lorna. I love it and think it totally suits her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRose.9.6.03:
    I know someone who named her DD Lauren and calls her Lo. 

I have also heard a Lauren with the nn of Lo... I think its cute:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know several Laurens and not one has a nn, which isn't a bad thing.  It is such a pretty name and much nicer than Adair and Harper...
  • I'm also a Lauren and people called me Laur growing up, or just Lauren.

My DF calls me Lulu and it's caught on to most of my family now, lol. 

image   image

• imagesunnyday016:

Laur? (pronounced Lore)

Renny?

I don't think Lauren really needs a nn, every Lauren I've ever known has just gone by Lauren. 

My name is Lori, and this is what I get all the time...

• My friend is Lauren, and she just goes by Lauren.  For the record, she hates when ppl pronounce her name Lor-en...so for her, the nn's Lore and Lori would be totally out, because that's not how her name is pronounced.  She is pretty firm about pronouncing it Law-ren.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Lauren is my little sister's name (she's 8; I'm 30, so yes, big age difference).  Anyway, we all call her Laurie Belle.  I love it.  It really suites her.  As she grows up, she can just go by Lauren, but for now, we love calling her Laurie Belle.  
  • I don't thnk Lauren needs a nn, but I know 2 Lauren's who have gone by Lo or Lolo.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I'm a Lauren and the only nn I have is from my sister who sometimes calls me "Laur" (like Lor). I like not having a nn. 
  • Someone mentioned "Lulu." I forgot that my aunt calls me that, but she's the only person who calls me that. 
  • Why does it need a nn?
  • imagekmwills:
    My friend is Lauren, and she just goes by Lauren.  For the record, she hates when ppl pronounce her name Lor-en...so for her, the nn's Lore and Lori would be totally out, because that's not how her name is pronounced.  She is pretty firm about pronouncing it Law-ren.

I'm a Lauren and I cringe every time I hear my name pronounced as "Lor-en." Maybe that's how other Laurens pronounce their name but it doesn't work for me.  I actually pronounced my name more like "Lahrr-en."

ETA: I've never had a nickname. I don't think many nicknames come naturally for the name Lauren. When I was younger than kind of bugged me as I thought having one would of been neat. Now, of course, I couldn't care less.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • imageamandaloren:

imageRose.9.6.03:
    I know someone who named her DD Lauren and calls her Lo. 

I have also heard a Lauren with the nn of Lo... I think its cute:)

Agree, Lo is cute

• I like the name Lauren Harper or Harper Lauren.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a gf Lauren - she gets Lol or Lo
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"