Blended Families

Post for Serendipity

Get a nanny cam ASAP. 

In fact, see if you can rig up a couple of cameras in various spots in the house (all hidden from SS). 

For two reasons:

1) Protection from SS - not for violence but to CYA in case he tries to lie to BM about what happened on this trip. 

You now have proof that you did not lock him in the room or only feed him brussel spouts.

2 Evidence - SS will most likely say things about BM that you can use in your next court date.  When he notices the awards and brings up BM's lies, you will have actually PROOF of parental alienation.

3) and yes, just in case SS DOES do something when you are not looking. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: Post for Serendipity

• We actually did this last night (used my cellphone) with SS.  He created a mess with his computer, was reprimaded, decided to divert attention by demanding something else, got loud, rude and out of control and was given an option - get what you want and take a restriction or go to your room and let it all slide. 

This morning, he was even more pissy/rude/etc because he got to stew in restriction hell.

He tried to blame us for everythign (from US yelling and him being calm throughout - to DH never giving him the option).

When we ran the recording back, all he could do is stutter.  He still cannot accept that he was in the wrong, since he had every right to ask for his item to be given to him at that moment, but it did take the wind out of most of his sails.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • We've actually used the cell cameras in the past too for this same reason. Unfortunately, we can't justify getting a nanny cam right now - we're moving in less than a month and have to start out without our dislocation allowance from the military so we're putting all extra money aside for the cross country trip right now. (plus we need new tires on one of our cars - grrr!)

Either way though, I'm sure the cell will serve it's purpose, no it won't be on all the time but I also think youngest SS is normally a lot more manageable without oldest SS there. They feed off of each other and youngest SS typically acts very differently without him there. So we'll see.

We have video of the kids talking about BM and how she rides dirt bikes all the time with them and taught them how to ride, etc (you know, the woman that can't POSSIBLY even work a part time job because she's sooooo "disabled"...HA.)

• Loading the player...
  • It's really sad when one parent has done so many hateful things and done so much damage to their own children, that the other parent actually has to be worried and consider things like videotaping everything just to protect themselves for future allegations. I'm in a similar boat. It just sux and is ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"