Multiples

PIMP Your Ride

So during the crazy 24 hours that we thought I was pregnant this past week we realized 2 things. One is that we want a third child, although we'd like to wait to TTC until the boys are over a year. Also that we need a car that can hold three car seats. Right now we have a Subaru that won't even hold the rear facing convertibles, forget about a third car seat; and a van that acts like it is doing us a favor when it accelerates over 40 mph. In other words it is about to die.

We are looking for a car with 3rd row seating. Any suggestions?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: PIMP Your Ride

• i love my minivan. is that not what you wanted to hear? ;)

the beauty of a minivan are:

- sliding doors (esp power ones)
    - storage behind the third row
    - easy access to second row
    - low, so easy to lift  babies in and out.

i have a toyota sienna. 

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • If we have a third child, we SO want a Sienna or Odyssey. DH did tons of research before we bought our vehicle (a Kia Rondo--perfect for twins but too small for three) and the Sienna and Odyssey are the only minivans that have good reliability ratings. (We'd also consider a Dodge Grand Caravan--which gets hit or miss reviews--or a Kia Sedona.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • in april's edition of  the magazine "parenting: early years" there is an article on fitting the right car for your family.

two mention twins: 1.  with 2yr twins and a baby on the way (suggests GMC Acadia, or Chevy Traverse as a cheaper alternative), and 2.  with a 5 yr old and 2yr old twins (suggests honda odyssey ex, chevy malibu, and kia rondo.  the suggestions were also based on the family's budgets.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepea-kay:

i love my minivan. is that not what you wanted to hear? ;)

i have a toyota sienna. 

Ditto, except we have the Odyssey.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a ford flex. We bought it because it fits 3 car seats across AND has a third row. Right now we have 2 buckets and the convertible seat in it and we have already fitted it for 2 RFing convertible seats and a forward facing one.

It may not be pretty from the outside but it sure is great on the inside!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepea-kay:

i love my minivan. is that not what you wanted to hear? ;)

i have a toyota sienna. 

This. We LOVE our Sienna!

• I did NOT NOT NOT want a minivan.

So, we have a Chrysler Town and Country.  A minivan.

And I LOVE it. 

It's so comfy, easy to drive, easy to get the kids in and out . . . it has power sliding doors and liftgate, and a dvd player for when they're old enough to turn around.  I wouldn't do it any other way!

• I was pretty anti-mini van until we decided, since we also will like to go for a third eventually, that the SUVs w/ the third row seating didn't have the storage we'd need when the 3rd row is up. We bought our Odyssey in Dec and I have to admit that I really love all the space, the auto sliding doors and the sound sys is pretty kick ass for a mom car too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"