Washington Babies

RE Appointment Made

Just a follow up to all of your awesome advice last week: DH and I took a big first step, we made our first RE appointment.  I'm totally overwhelmed and a little scared about what the next steps will be, but excited to at least get some more information.  

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice! 

Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RE Appointment Made

• I'm excited, I hope things end up being easily identified and handled and you can get on the baby train soon!
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish you the best of luck!  It can be very overwhelming but the girls here sure are great about helping you weed things out!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Its a HUGE scary step and I am so glad that you made it. I know you and the RE will come up with a great plan. (((HUGS)))
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Good!  I hope you can have a bit of peace between now and then and not be too nervous.  When is your appointment?  I'll be thinking about you 2 for sure!
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Thanks for the support! The appointment is next Tuesday, and apparently is jet a discussion, no testing yet.
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good for you! It is so scary and overwhelming to take that first step but I'm so glad you did! Sending you big hugs and you know we are all here for you!
  • No advice or suggestions, but I wanted to say good luck and I hope you get some good news soon from them!  I'll be thinking of you next Tuesday, and I hope it all goes well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loved our RE at pacific NW fertility...  and know that seeing an RE doesnt always lead to IVF...  for us it was SA issues, and femara and an IUI was our magic bullet...

good luck!!  :)

• Oh wow, good luck!  How scary and exciting, all at the same time:).
  • Hugs girly!! I hope you guys get some good info babe!
  • Good luck - I hope they have good info for you. Which RE did you decide to go with if you don't mind me asking? We made our first appointment for mid-April with Seattle Reproductive Medicine. I'm still not sure about sticking with SRM because they seem to be pricey, but the location is good for us (they have a clinic in Tacoma) and they seem to have good stats at the CDC.

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• imageKRoseToes:
    Good luck - I hope they have good info for you. Which RE did you decide to go with if you don't mind me asking? We made our first appointment for mid-April with Seattle Reproductive Medicine. I'm still not sure about sticking with SRM because they seem to be pricey, but the location is good for us (they have a clinic in Tacoma) and they seem to have good stats at the CDC.

K, we chose Northwest Reproductive based on a recommendation from a good friend.
  • Good for you!  I'm so glad you made the call.  Best of luck that the issue is an easy fix.

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Best of luck!!!
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Good Luck Purv! I hope you have a simple, quick solutions.
  • KNemoKNemo member

Purvy, I am so glad that you took this step. Like Mrs.Kiltlifter said, it's a huge scary step, but hopefully it will lead to some answers and a plan. I am rooting for you and your DH. I am also here, anytime. I cannot support you with knowledge, but I can support you all the same. You have my email addy. Feel free to use it whenever you need to!

((BIG HUGS)) 

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Sending you lots of good wishes that the RE can shed some light on things for you.  I definitely know how it feels to take this step.  I also go to Northwest Repro and really like them!  I hope they have some answers to help you achieve your dream!!!  Hugs!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • imagePurvalicious:
    imageKRoseToes:
    Good luck - I hope they have good info for you. Which RE did you decide to go with if you don't mind me asking? We made our first appointment for mid-April with Seattle Reproductive Medicine. I'm still not sure about sticking with SRM because they seem to be pricey, but the location is good for us (they have a clinic in Tacoma) and they seem to have good stats at the CDC.

K, we chose Northwest Reproductive based on a recommendation from a good friend.

They were our RE and they are all great there.  Don't be afraid to ask questions (even via the online portal if you think of them after). Our doctor answered us directly through there and it was very helpful. We have a wonderful baby from our experience there and getting there is the hardest step. Getting a plan is a weight off your shoulders.  Will be thinking of you!

• That is great.  I'm sure it was a very difficult call to make and I really hope you can the answers you need to put a good plan in place.
  • I will be thinking of you, please keep us posted. It sounds like you will be in very good hands.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • I'm excited for you E!  I'm pray it's all going to work out for you!
  • Good luck! I'm sure it's scary, but hopefully you'll get a lot of good information.
  • It is a scary step, but it also feels good to feel like you are taking a step forward.  We went to SRM because I could walk to it from work (convenience is important when it comes to fertility treatments because you are there so much during a cycle).  I've heard great things about Northwest too.

Our first appointment was 2.5 hours long but they did initiate some testing.  It started with a consult with the RE, review of tests done by my primary care physician, discussing treatment options, a blood draw for both DH and I (they were testing him for CF since it runs in his family), and an ultrasound because he just couldn't believe that I didn't have PCOS with my crazy cycles (I don't).  If it is the consult only your appointment time will likely be shorter.  

Good luck.  I'm keeping you in my thoughts and can't wait to hear how it goes.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Oh I'm so excited for you Purvy!!!  I can't wait for your journey to start!!  Keep us updated!!  :)
  • Best of luck, lady!  I'll definitely be thinking about you guys!  Lila needs a little Purvy friend!  Stick out tongue
  • So proud of you for making that big first step and making the appt. Good luck missy. Hugs
  • Congrats on taking what I imagine was a difficult first step!!  Good luck and we'll be thinking of you.

Marcie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"