Stay at Home Moms

I need to get more done tonight!

How is it that when DH is around I get less done?  The weekend he was gone and we took the dogs to a dog sitter, I got more done in 48 hours than I have gotten done in 48 days.  Okay, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but honestly, not much!  Instead of having to re-do what I had already done (pick up, wash floor, laundry etc.) it stayed clean/done and I could move on to new items.  DH "isn't feeling well" and has been home 2 half days this week = ugh. 

I have been staying up waaay to late to read after my chores (like 2 am by the time my brain settles down) and I need to get to bed earlier (morning come way to soon).  So I am shooting for 12.  Which gives me 4 hours.

Ideas for tonight's to - do list: clean lower level bathroom, pick up living room (the cat went on a rampage and dumped almost everything from all shelves, *sigh*), finish collecting random winter decorations from all rooms & pack away, more laundry, clean out fridge, order photos, address save the dates for party, and get the recycling & garbage out.  Uh.  That is do-able right?  At least it felt like it until DH came in and annoyed me royaly.  GRRRR I really wish he would go away sometimes.  Why does he not get when I say I want time alone, that I want TIME ALONE?  is that hard to understand???

DARN IT, MY HUSBAND WOKE THE BABY.  I am going to lose my mind.  He wasted $14 in cat litter, broke a dish, woke the baby, let the dogs pee on the floor & didn't clean it, and is driving me crazy.  It may be a very long night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need to get more done tonight!

• You need some ice cream, stat. 

No really, sorry you're having a tough evening.  I was having a tough day.  Husbands can really get in the way sometimes...  and then other times they are pretty great.  I'm guessing right now you're feeling more of the former.  :)  Hang in there... would it be worth it to not do some of your chores tonight and take a breather?  Is anything critical?  

• Let me start with correcting myself above - it should be "waay too late" not "to late". 

Okay, that said, thanks for the encouragement :)  It ended up okay.  DH went to the store for new litter since he ruined the good stuff and I was glad to have him out of the house ;) 

I am still annoyed with him. He barely did anything and is snoozing away.  It is things like: he went to the store to buy new litter and then didn't change the litter, asked what rooms had garbage to go out but only took a few out then came to bed without wheeling the garbage to the curb (they pick it up so early most people on our block put it out the a.m. before so they don't forget), he started the second part of the diaper cycle and again left the lid up (so if I hadn't checked they would have soaked all night).  Uhhhh.  If you won't do it right, don't bother. 

On a good note: I did get the downstairs bath done, did some more laundry, started to pick up the living room, started the upstairs bath (decided it was too noisy with DS sleeping), did recycling, did garbage, and am uploading photos to order as we speak.  SO, not too bad all things considered.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"