TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

An ounce of hope is gone

I went to our local market on the way home.  There was a mom and her family there.  She had a little boy who was about 5 and a little girl who was about 3.  Both kids had down syndrome.  It's suppose to be rare for it to happen twice in a row.  We lost Miller to downs.  I lost an ounce of hope, if they can have two in a row with downs, so can we.
imageimage
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks

Re: An ounce of hope is gone

• I know it's really hard, but as someone who has worked with Downs kids for 10 years or so now - they are some of the most loveable, happy children on this earth.

If your next baby were to have Downs, love, it wouldn't be signing a death sentence.

(((hugs)))

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • {{{hugs}}}
    Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't know you lost your son to DS.  Carrie is right though hon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know we will love a child with DS, no matter what.  I have worked just a little with DS kids, I had a good friend in VA that had a horsemanship program for them.  They are awesome kids.  But I will admit that's not what I desire and I"m scared to death that we would lose another DS child.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • imageKristysRedBarn:
    I know we will love a child with DS, no matter what.  I have worked just a little with DS kids, I had a good friend in VA that had a horsemanship program for them.  They are awesome kids.  But I will admit that's not what I desire and I"m scared to death that we would lose another DS child.

Completely understandable.  I think anyone who has had a specific loss like that would have the same worries.  :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you've already used up all of your bad luck, "against all odds" statistics.  I pray for sticky babies for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"