Baby Names

help pick a girl name! :)

We go for our doc app is tmrw and we are supposed to find out the babies gender so we want to go in knowing a girl name and a boy name so we can stop calling this baby "it" lol. TIA

[Poll]

Re: help pick a girl name! :)

• Does that middle name have significance to you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • imageCutieBean79:
    Does that middle name have significance to you?

Yes it is after my grandmother

• Loading the player...
  • Kaitlynn Ellinoir is very petty

Although I would prefer a different spelling.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevmk4970:

imageCutieBean79:

Is it pronounced like Eleanor?

• imageKimber314:

Kaitlynn Ellinoir is very petty

this. I love the name, hate the spelling!

• imageplunderb:
    imagevmk4970:

imageCutieBean79:

Is it pronounced like Eleanor?

If it's pronounced like Eleanor, can you spell it that way? I'd go with Caitlin Eleanor. That would be a lovely name. 

• I LOVE the name Kaitlynn and I like the way you spelled it. That name was on my short list for girls but dh doesn't like it (but what do they know!). I would have spelled it Kaytlen < that's just me, Kaitlynn is pretty too.

I also love how the middle name has significant meaning to you!

I like Avery but Kaitlynn can have so many different gorgous nickname.

Just curious what is the name if you have a boy? 

Congrats to you and your husband!

• imagewife1014:
    imageKimber314:

Kaitlynn Ellinoir is very petty

this. I love the name, hate the spelling!

exactly
  • I really like the name Avery for a girl!  It was on my list for a while too. I think it sounds pretty with Ellenoir (sorry can't quite remember how you spelled it).  And I think its great to have the unique spelling you chose..your LO will always know that her middle name was chosen specifically to honor your grandmother.  My LO will also have a family middle name.
  • imageLexi169:

I LOVE the name Kaitlynn and I like the way you spelled it. That name was on my short list for girls but dh doesn't like it (but what do they know!). I would have spelled it Kaytlen < that's just me, Kaitlynn is pretty too.

I also love how the middle name has significant meaning to you!

I like Avery but Kaitlynn can have so many different gorgous nickname.

Just curious what is the name if you have a boy? 

Congrats to you and your husband!

Thank you!! :) Yes, the middle name is VERY special to me bc of my grandmother and I want it to be spelled just like hers. Even though it is pronounced Eleanor. As for Kaitlynn..I wanted to spell it different, you know? There are many people that spell it with a 'c' but I thought.. well i could just spice it up. I really like Kaytlen too, that didnt even occur to me! :) If its a boy it is probably going to be Carter Elliott. Elliott is after my husbands side of the family...its been in the family for 6 generations! I wanted to use it as the baby's first name but they pitched a fit bc it has always been a middle name. Plus my DH hates it LOL. Thank you for the feedback and thank you for the congrats! :)

- thank you everyone for your feedback! Im taking it all into consideration as we pick her/his name!! Oooo so excited!!!

• imageAmberPie:
    I really like the name Avery for a girl!  It was on my list for a while too. I think it sounds pretty with Ellenoir (sorry can't quite remember how you spelled it).  And I think its great to have the unique spelling you chose..your LO will always know that her middle name was chosen specifically to honor your grandmother.  My LO will also have a family middle name.

Thank you for your positive feedback! Not too many ppl liked the way I spelt either name, haha. Unique spelling is key I believe because there will always be someone with that name, but the chances of that same person spelling it the same in the childs class or work, w/e... well that is rare. Awe! Yay for honoring family! :) Congrats and thank you again!

• I like Avery...Too many Kaitlynn's in our area right now...
  • So what did you find out? I like Kaitlynn (is that how you spelled it?) just because I think it flows better with the mn than Avery (again I messed that up right? :P) However I would just spell it normally. I don't think the spelling is making the name anymore unique.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"