Two Under 2
Options

Transition to toddler bed?

We weren't planning on moving #1 to her big girl bed until much later, but I was talking with a friend who has 2u2 and she said that she transitioned #1 to the bed at 18 months (about 3 months before #2 was born). Supposedly, it made the transition easier?

We're not planning on using the crib for #2 (DD has convertible furniture), so that's not an issue. 

I read that Weissbluth says your LO should stay in the crib as long as possible, until 3, because that's when they actually start to understand boundaries (and will stay in their own bed at night).

What are you doing/what did you do?

Re: Transition to toddler bed?

• Options
    We are getting a second crib and keeping the kiddos in their cribs as long as possible. Mine will be 14 months apart.

• Options
    DS transitioned to the twin bed (mattress and box spring on the floor with a railing) at 19 or 20 mos.  He had been napping in the crib and sleeping with us full time. he has NEVER once gotten out of the bed during the night. still occasionally wakes and calls me in, but in general he is sleeping so much better and I am so glad we did it!! once in awhile he wants to sleep in our bed but I am usually too uncomfortable to give in and dont want to go back to that!! good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

2nd crib here too.

We transitioned at 28 months and only because the older toddler was trying to climb out.

I can tell you that knowing your older one is contained and safe while you deal with the demands of an infant is priceless.

Best $$ we've ever spent. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    We transitioned Kaylin beginning in December (she was 19 months) by removing the front from her crib. A few weeks later we had finished her big girl room with a twin bed and started doing her bedtime routine in there. She decided on her own that she wanted to sleep in the big girl bed and never asked to go back to the crib. The transition went really well for us. She definitely understands that she is to stay in her bed at night. Every once in a while, she comes out and lays by her door. We just go in and she climbs back into bed. She's done really well and I'm glad we won't be buying another crib.
  • Options
    We just had to put DS back into his crib.  Tried the toddler bed at 25 months, and it worked well at first, but then he started getting out several times a night and wouldn't go back easily.  Now that he's in his crib, he sleeps through the night again no problem.  I just could deal with having two kids waking up several times a night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"