Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

question

Hey ladies, 

This is my first time posting here... My husband and I recently found out that I had a missed miscarriage. I should be at 12 weeks today but after my ultrasound, we learned that the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. This is especially hard for us because this was our first pregnancy after 2 years of infertility. I go in for a D&C on Friday. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of sedation they opted for? My doctor explained that my options are local, twilight, or general anesthesia.  Is one better than the other? I'm scared to go with the general and am kind of leaning towards the twilight option. Thanks for listening.. 

TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.

Re: question

• I'm so sorry for your loss.

I wasn't given an option, but I was under general anesthesia. I had never been under that kind of anesthesia before and I did OK. I was just groggy afterwards and slept most of the day. I felt fine the next day, at least physically. I hope everything goes well.

• I wasn't given a choice either but had general. To be honest, I was glad to not be awake for it because it would have been too emotional. It was nice waking up and knowing it was done even though the tears came flooding out at that point.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a general since my epidural didn't work when I delivered my twins and was in so much pain since one of the placentas was stuck and the dr was trying to get it out. So they just knocked me out to do the d&c for the placenta.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I was out totally. I told the anesthesiologist that I didn't want to see, hear or feel anything. All I remember is scooting over to the surgical table and putting my head in the pillow thing, then waking up in the recovery room. I pretty much slept the rest of the day and didn't have any ill side affects like nausea from it (which I was worried about since pain killers and I don't generally get along). 

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • I did not have an option either.  I had general anesthesia.  I was sleepy and emotional exhausted, but thankful that I wasn't aware during the actual procedure.   I am sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry about your loss. Big Hugs!

I was under general and didn't have an option.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • I think mine would have been considered twilight, I was out, but not intubated and under general.  The level they used was perfect, I woke up easily with no pain.  I would definitely suggest that version.  GL  ((hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"