Georgia Babies

NBR: fish taco recipes?

anyone have a good/easy fish taco recipe using tilapia?

Re: NBR: fish taco recipes?

• I think Tyler Florence has a good one over on Food Network. It's stupid easy: make an egg wash, get some flour and Panko bread crumbs.

Dredge in flour, roll in egg wash, coat in bread crumbs, then fry.

You can also fry them in a little bit of peanut oil instead of deep frying. 

Or grill 'em.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just marinate in olive oil and some citrus (lemon, lime) and chili flake.  Then grill or broil it and serve it with nappa cabbage slaw, and a spicy-ish yogurt sauce.   I can try to dig out my recipe for the sauce if you like.     And toss it all together in a corn tortilla. 

I just don't like fried fish tacos thats why I broil.    

• Loading the player...
  • I use frozen or fresh (and if I use frozen I don't thaw first).

1. Spray roasting pan with cooking spray

2. lay out fish

3. spray fish with cooking spray

4. liberally apply Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning

5. Put a small amount of Blackening powder on (I use zatarans...and I use a VERY SMALL AMOUNT - it's really spicy)

6. Put in oven and back until done @ 375. (Fresh takes about 10 min, frozen takes about 20). I make these ALL THE TIME.

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • I made this a few weeks ago and it's delicious! The southwestern slaw is a must with it.

This Epicurious.com recipe: 
    Baja Fish Tacos

has been sent to you from Andrea
    Andrea wants you to know: 
    You can view the complete recipe online at: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/352509Baja Fish Tacos
    2 lb mahi-mahi
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    3 tbsp lime juice
    5 tsp chili powder
    1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
    Salt, to taste
    8 flour tortillas, 8 inches in diameter
    Southwestern Slaw
    1 cup Chipotle Pico de Gallo
    1/2 cup Mexican Crema

Preheat a gas grill to medium-high. If you are using a charcoal grill, build a fire and let it burn down until the coals are glowing red with a moderate coating of white ash. Spread the coals in an even bed. Clean the cooking grate.

Cut the mahi-mahi into 16 equal slices.

Combine the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic, and salt. Coat the mahi-mahi with the marinade.

Grill the fish on the first side over direct heat until the flesh is firm and well-marked, about 2 minutes. Turn the fish and grill until cooked through, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more.

Grill the tortillas until they have light grill marks and are heated through, about 15 seconds on the first side. Turn the tortillas and grill them until they just start to bubble, another 15 seconds. 

Center 2 pieces of grilled fish on each tortilla, and top with the Southwestern Slaw and Chipotle Pico de Gallo. Add a dollop of Mexican Crema, fold in half, and serve immediately.

Grilling: Exciting International Flavors from the World's Premier Culinary College
    June 2009
    by The Culinary Institute of America
    2009-03-26 13:10:48.0 
    Want to see how other cooks rated and reviewed this recipe? Go to https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/352509

Sign up for the Recipe Flash newsletter from Epicurious.com to get new recipes, menus, and cooking ideas delivered to your inbox each week: https://www.epicurious.com/services/newsletters 

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"