Baby Showers
Options

Not into the frou frou showers.......

Im officially 7 weeks and Im still juggling the idea of a baby shower......

Im not into the frou frou baby showers thing!

If I have a baby shower the only thing baby shower about the party will be bringing me baby stuff and a cute cake. I plan on having a regular co-ed party with food, playing cards, GOOD music, drinks, non-alcoholic beer and non-alcoholic cocktails for me and just have a fun party...........

Whoelse is doing an unconventional baby shower?

Re: Not into the frou frou showers.......

• Options

I had three of three of them... and thanks to the hosts/hostesses, none of them were frou frou with lots of unnecessary baby shower stuff. Food, friends, family and fun... that's the way we party.

Shower #1

Shower #2

Shower #3

• Options
    VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY close to the idea I want but still too frilly! I'm thinking more on the lines of............casual house party style!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow - it's early to be planning!  Ultimately, it depends on what the hostess is willing to do.  She/they may or may not have the $$ for all the people that would be at a co-ed party.
  • Options
    I'm with you on that....we just had a party this weekend, just so happened to be baby-themed. No cake. A friend of mine works for a food distributor and brought burgers and dogs, someone else made a brisket and everyone brought something (appetizer, side dish, or dessert). We played a few little games, they took about 10 minutes total, who could chug a bottle the fastest and you could put whatever you wanted in the bottle (most chose beer!), we had the NCAA games on the big screen and music playing in the background. And there was a pool table too. Very casual, and whoever did not want to watch the opening of the gifts didn't have to! It was alot of fun!! GL!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our friends threw as an unconventional one for DD.  It was really just a party like our friend group would have for New Year's or something, finger foods, booze, not much of a theme, co-ed.  The only thing baby was us opening the gifts, and they did have a table set up on the porch where people could decorate onesies if they wanted to (that got more fun as more of the booze kicked in for the guests).

• Options
    ctanactana member
    imageOHSOHAPPY22:

If I have a baby shower the only thing baby shower about the party will be bringing me baby stuff and a cute cake. I plan on having a regular co-ed party with food, playing cards, GOOD music, drinks, non-alcoholic beer and non-alcoholic cocktails for me and just have a fun party...........

Not sure why you are asking this - are you throwing your own shower? Isn't the type of shower really up to the person throwing it for you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagectana:
    imageOHSOHAPPY22:

Not sure why you are asking this - are you throwing your own shower? Isn't the type of shower really up to the person throwing it for you?

Haha, yeah. You really ARE going unconventional if you are throwing your own shower. Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"