Working Moms
Options

Type of Pump if you Work at Home

I telecommute, so I put in a typical 8-5 workday from my home office.  Once the baby arrives and I am done with my maternity leave, she will go to a daycare during the workday (DH works in an office setting).  Every time I see pumps recommended, they are double electric ones that are good for pumping while at work.  However, since I am home by myself all day, and will be able to pump while I'm at the computer, do I need to invest in such an expensive model, or is there an option that may be better suited for me?

Thanks!

Re: Type of Pump if you Work at Home

• Options

You are going to need a good pump if you plan on working a typical 8-5 workday being away from your LO. The less expensive models are designed for mothers who typically SAH and would like to pump a few bottles here and there so they can be separated from their LO on occasion, not every day.

Even if you don't think you will need the handsfree option, you are still going to want to get a more advanced model, like the Medela PISA or better.

• Options
    This is why I ask you guys these questions - thanks for clarifying ladies!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Absolutely. I work from home and I used a Medela double electric pump. If you pump every day, you need a better pump.
  • Options
    While the medelas are known to be "the best" I have a Lansinoh double electric and it works great. I paid $100 for it at drugstore.com. I have been pumping 3 times a day at work, and once in the late evening after LO goes to bed. I have had no problems and I recomend it if you dont want to spend the money for the medela.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"