Two Under 2

Balancing 2 under 2

I have a 23 month old little boy who has been our world and center of attention since the day he was born, now we have a 1 month old little girl.  I know that people handle more than 2 kids, but I feel guilty for paying attention to the baby when he gets home from daycare when all I use to do is play with him all night.  He is not very good at entertaining himself and wants me to play with him.  Since the baby has been home he starting hitting and throwing his food again even at daycare!!  Any advice on how to balance both baby and toddler? 

Re: Balancing 2 under 2

• I've found the only way I can really play with DS and give him my full attention is to wear DD in a wrap or carrier.  That way I'm still "holding" her but have my hands free to play with DS, take him to the park, pull his wagon, etc.

Good luck!  It's definitely challenging but try not to let the guilt get to you.  I feel it too, but then I see how DS is starting to love on his baby sister, and I know she's such a gift to him (and he to her).  My siblings are my best friends. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"