2010 Bumbleride Indie - reviews please?? — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

2010 Bumbleride Indie - reviews please??

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Bumbleride Indie, Bugaboo Frog, and Uppababy Vista.  We'll be having a November baby so the fact that the Indie doesn't allow baby to face me(without being in the bassinet) is fine since we won't be doing too much walking during the MN winter.  Also, the snack tray is a great option that the Indie has that I don't know if I'm willing to give up to get the Frog or Vista.  Any reviews of the 2010 Indie or past ones would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2vwwz9d.jpg[/IMG]

Re: 2010 Bumbleride Indie - reviews please??

• I have the bumbleride, not the 2010, but 08. I love this stroller! I have been so happy with it. No it does not allow your little one to be facing you, however our infant seat ( we had a chicco) fit perfectly in the seat and has straps to secure it. Its light weight and travels well (we've taken ours to AZ twice). It is bigger, and takes up a lot of room in the trunk, but most of them do. Overall its one of my things I have used the most out of the baby equ. Good luck.
  • I'm going to give props to the Bugaboo Frog, I love mine!!  We have had it for a year now and it is hands down my favorite item of baby equipment we own.  Don't worry about a snack try, you will not miss what you don't have.  Most european strollers are not going to come with one anyways.

I will say a lot of people do love the Bumbleride though.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 strollers you are interested in.

You should also look at the Baby Jogger City Select, as it is very versatile with seating, it can be both a single or a double stroller without compromising the cool look of the stroller.  You can add a seat to the Uppa but personally, I think it looks dumb with that other seat added on.

Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • image JillBean78:

I'm going to give props to the Bugaboo Frog, I love mine!!  We have had it for a year now and it is hands down my favorite item of baby equipment we own.  Don't worry about a snack try, you will not miss what you don't have.  Most european strollers are not going to come with one anyways.

I will say a lot of people do love the Bumbleride though.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 strollers you are interested in.

You should also look at the Baby Jogger City Select, as it is very versatile with seating, it can be both a single or a double stroller without compromising the cool look of the stroller.  You can add a seat to the Uppa but personally, I think it looks dumb with that other seat added on.

I was thinking of getting the Baby Jogger City for more of an umbrella stroller to have in addition to the frog/indie/vista.  Would that be overkill?  We stopped at BRU last weekend and we liked how the Baby Jogger handled over the Maclarens.  We need to find a store that has all three so we can road test them, I think that will help us decide since they all three get good reviews on here and online other places. 

FWIW - this baby is pretty much our "miracle" baby so we don't anticipate having any others so add-on seating is one area that won't factor into our decison.

Thanks for the help ladies. 

• We're getting the Bumbleride Flyer - but I've heard nothing but good things about the Indie.

• I have the 2010 Bumbleride Indie in black.  I don't have a LO yet, but I took my friend's six month old out for a long walk with it and loved it!  The one deciding factor that made me chose the Indie over the Vista is that it has bigger wheels and therefore a better all-terrain stroller and you can even use it for light jogs.  We live in a city but there is definitely some terrain in our neighborhood and we plan to take it camping, possibly hiking, traveling and to parks and other outdoor activities (like the fair or something similar), I think it will handle better.  But the Vista is an excellent stroller, I know two friends that have it and love it.  The two strollers are roughly the same size (Vista is actually slightly bigger).  For the 2010 Indie baby does face you in the carrycot, but as you said you don't plan on using that so you won't have to buy it extra and it comes with the bar for your carseat to fit, and baby will face you in that as well.
    Jackson-19 months image
  • image Kimee13:
    image JillBean78:

I'm going to give props to the Bugaboo Frog, I love mine!!  We have had it for a year now and it is hands down my favorite item of baby equipment we own.  Don't worry about a snack try, you will not miss what you don't have.  Most european strollers are not going to come with one anyways.

I was thinking of getting the Baby Jogger City for more of an umbrella stroller to have in addition to the frog/indie/vista.  Would that be overkill?  We stopped at BRU last weekend and we liked how the Baby Jogger handled over the Maclarens.  We need to find a store that has all three so we can road test them, I think that will help us decide since they all three get good reviews on here and online other places. 

FWIW - this baby is pretty much our "miracle" baby so we don't anticipate having any others so add-on seating is one area that won't factor into our decison.

The Baby Jogger City Select is a full sized stroller, you may have test drove a City Mini which is more like a mid-sized stroller.

I think it might be over kill to have 2 larger strollers.  Test drive some more lightweight strollers, you don't have to even decide on a lightweight right now as your baby won't be able to use it for several months until he/she can hold their head up.  Get your full sized stroller and then make the lightweight decision when the time comes, you never know what new stuff might be out by then.

If price isn't an issue, the new Bugaboo Bee is pretty nice for a lightweight :o)

Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • image JillBean78:
    image Kimee13:
    image JillBean78:

The Baby Jogger City Select is a full sized stroller, you may have test drove a City Mini which is more like a mid-sized stroller.

I think it might be over kill to have 2 larger strollers.  Test drive some more lightweight strollers, you don't have to even decide on a lightweight right now as your baby won't be able to use it for several months until he/she can hold their head up.  Get your full sized stroller and then make the lightweight decision when the time comes, you never know what new stuff might be out by then.

If price isn't an issue, the new Bugaboo Bee is pretty nice for a lightweight :o)

Oops, you're right - it was the city mini.  We'll have to look at the Bee, especially if I go with the Indie since it's cheaper than the frog.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards