D.C. Area Babies

anyone have carseat covers, for the seat of the actual car?

Not talking about car seat covers for LO's car seat, more like a protective covering for the actual-seat-of-the car.  We just got our new Odyssey last night and got leather seats.  DH installed the kids' car seats and we're thinking we may need a protective barrier, so the leather doesn't get too scratched...? 

Also thinking we may get something for the back of the driver seat because DD #1 loves to kick the seat, despite hundreds of request from us not to do so.

I sound like my (Long Island) grandmother already "Hey!  Watch the Leath-ah!"

We got leather seats so they'd be easily cleaned, and also because leather came in the upgrade we wanted... so I just want to make sure it lasts a few years. 

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.

Re: anyone have carseat covers, for the seat of the actual car?

• we don't have seat covers but do have those protective things for the back of the seat so the kicking doesn't dirty it. Ours came 2 to a pack, I think DH got them on amazon.com
  • yes, we have Eddie Bauer ones from Target.  They are fantastic!

ETA: We got them in the baby section.

Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • Loading the player...
  • I got the kick mats for the back of the seat that DS sits behind.  It is a plastic back, but I would prefer he doesn't also scratch it up with his shoes.

The seats in our Routan are leather and I didn't put anything over them other than one of those slip mats (like you put under rugs or line drawers or shelves with) under his seat.  We haven't had to do anything to the leather other than wipe it down a couple times or vacuum out the crumbs/cheerios/goldfish/etc. he's left behind.  I think it was a smart thing to go with leather because it really does hold up to the little guys.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • DH has leather seats and when we took the car seat to be inspected he had one of the protective coverings under it that we bought at BRU. They took it off and said it wasn't safe. They gave him some of that no slip stuff instead that pp mentioned, that you put under rugs.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have the "Prince Lionheart" seat saver (got it on amazon). It seems to be doing the job.

FYI.  It was approved by the car seat inspectors.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think those are not recommended (just like Bundle Me's, etc aren't recommended) to use.  I think it makes the installation of the seat less secure.  I'm not 100% on this though, I'd check out one of the carseat forums or the carseat manufacturer for sure, before using one.
  • Yes, we have seat covers on our leather Odyssey seats too. They go over the whole seat and are made of a wetsuit-like material. DH got it (we just have it on the 2nd row seating right now, but he's talking about getting it for the 3rd row too). I don't know if he got it from Honda or somewhere else but I think it was about $200. I didn't know it was that much until after the fact or I probably would have objected to the cost, but they are really nice and protect the seats well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCrunchOoEezyMama:
    I think those are not recommended (just like Bundle Me's, etc aren't recommended) to use.  I think it makes the installation of the seat less secure.  I'm not 100% on this though, I'd check out one of the carseat forums or the carseat manufacturer for sure, before using one.

I figured the same thing.  But we had them in when we got the car seat inspected by the PD.  They said it was "okay", and just to periodically check to make sure that the base was still a tight fit. They weren't crazy about them, but they thought it would still be safe.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on getting the Odyssey! :)

We don't have anything covering our leather seats, we've had the van for 3 years now and have had no trouble.  I keep wet wipes and paper towels in the car so I clean up any dirt as it happens.  Great thing about leather, it cleans up really easily!  And the carseats have made some indentations in the leather, but once removed it has gone away.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"