TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Guess what I played vball against last night!?!

A gal that HAD to be at least 30 weeks pregnant.  Seriously!?!  I could understand playing non-competitive....but I play in a competitive leauge.  There are tons of hard balls coming right at you.  Oh yeah, and she was all decked out in her materity Coors Light shirt.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

As soon as I found out I was pg, I stopped playing, and still lost the baby.  I would never, ever dream of playing that late in the pregnancy, just too much of a risk that something is going to happen........

Vent over

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Guess what I played vball against last night!?!

• There aren't even words...the Coors Light T-Shirt kills me too!  I teach dance and I stopped when I found out I was pg and that is no where near as active as Vball.  ::sigh::
  • I think you can and should be active while pg, but competitive volleyball is too much.  The risk for injury is high.  The Coors Light shirt is just wrong.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess what you do doesn't really matter.  I was training for a race when I got pregnant last year and didn't stop.  My mother hinted that that was probably why I had my loss or at least it contributed to it.

It's been weighing on my mind since last May. 

• imagemomagain2009:

I guess what you do doesn't really matter.  I was training for a race when I got pregnant last year and didn't stop.  My mother hinted that that was probably why I had my loss or at least it contributed to it.

It's been weighing on my mind since last May. 

That's completely unfair for your mom to hint at....but I know where you're coming from.  I stopped playing just as soon as I got a BFP and still felt guilty about playing after my loss, even though I would have only been 4-5 weeks along.  I actually stopped playing for almost a year since we were TTC and I didn't want to do that again, but after a year, I decided I needed to stop focusing so much on ttc and just do it. 

But I think it proves that it just doesn't matter.

And thanks ladies for understanding.  My DH thought I was crazy for being upset about it.

• Blah. Yeah competitive would crazy to play when pg.
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is just crazy. I love playing volleyball, but wouldn't play when pregnant. Dh got upset with me playing badmitten before we found out we were pregnant because I tripped and fell on my butt. I told him that fall probably helped our babies stick.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"