Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

6 months since our loss (pic of DD inside)

6 months ago we termined my pregnancy because the baby was not going to survive.  I contracted CMV (cytomegalovirus)  in my first trimester, but the problems weren't detected until my 20w u/s.  It was the worst time in my life ever.  No question about that. 

I could not have possibily imagined what it would be like 6 months later.  I think about it every day and struggle to not define myself as someone who lost a baby.  But here I am, able to think about it without having to relive the emotions.  I still have hope for the future, and the fear I felt about what would happen if I got pg again isn't as intense as it was back in December.   People tell you it gets easier, and it does.  Not because it's ever easy to lose a baby but because you learn how to cope and move forward.

My heart goes out to all the women who sadly joined this board and I wish everyone lots of strength to get through it.  Also, if anyone has any questions I'm more than willing to answer them.  I came to this board when we were in the process of making the decision to terminate and how, and the women who shared their stories really helped me.

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

Re: 6 months since our loss (pic of DD inside)

• Options

I too terminated due to medical cause. I was 23 weeks 5 days. I know the struggles of making the heart wrenching decision and then having to live with it. It breaks my heart to know that there are others out there that have had to do the same as us.

I agree - the pain doesn't go away... but, it get more managable. We will never forget our babies and they will always be our children. I like to think that I am a Mom- just not a parent. At least not yet- I guess time will tell.

Take care of you....

~Elizabeth

• Options
    Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for your loss, take care. (( Hugs))

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    [[hugs]]
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you had to make such a heart-wrenching decision.  I could not imagine.  ((HUGS)).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"