North Carolina Babies
Options

Potty Training Questions

I am full of questions today! I have a couple questions about potty training. Ashley has been doing really well with it and is even pooping in the potty now. We still give her one jelly bean after she pees and I am wondering when I can stop doing this? She is peeing in the potty a lot, so in any given day, she is getting several jelly beans. If you gave candy/food as a reward for going potty, when did you cut it out?

Also, at what point did you stop using diapers at night time? When you stopped using diapers, what did you use, did you use pull ups? Ashley naps in her panties (w/o any accidents) but she is wearing her BG 3.0 at night. For the past week or so, it has been pretty dry (she will pee about 3 times before bed), so I am wondering when would be a good time to switch her to pull ups?Also, if your child is in pull ups at night, will he/she use the potty on his/her own during the night? For the past several nights after I put Ashley to bed, she will start crying "Mommy, I have to pee pee" and I have to go back in her room, take off her diaper and let her use the potty. So I am wondering if putting her in a pull up will help this.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Potty Training Questions

• Options

First off, congrats!  And go Ashley!

Maybe "forget" to give her one every other time and see what happens? And just taper it down. The food bribes didn't really work with Ben, so I'm not much help there.

Nap times he sleeps in underwear but at night - we still let him sleep in a diaper because I just don't want to deal with that potential mess.  I would say most of the time he wakes up dry, and I try to take his diaper off right away when he wakes up so he goes straight to the bathroom.

A friend of mine told me that she stopped giving liquids after a certain time at night and made sure he daughter peed before bed and it was never an issue.

• Options
    Thanks Speed! I have forgotten (on purpose) a couple times to give her a jellybean, sometimes she is OK with it and other times she will say "I peed, I need my jellybean" :) So I think I will start to gradually forget more and more. I am with you, I don't want to deal with a potential mess in pull ups either, I think her going to the bathroom before bed has helped a lot. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't use food but I think Speed's idea is a good one.  As far as night time I quit using diapers after he started waking up dry for several weeks in a row.  He did that pretty early on though (yes we were lucky). He goes potty right before he goes to bed literally right before he goes to bed. There have been maybe 2 or 3 times he has woken up in the middle of the night to go and knock on wood we have never had an accident.  They say to limit what they drink before bed which we did for a while but now that he is fully trained he gets milk before bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"