TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Friend rant + DH rave

Ok, first, let me say I am still happy and refreshed and revitalized from my glorious weekend. There's really not much that can suck the wind out of my sails right now, and that's a good thing. It's been a long, long time since I've felt like this.

But,  I have a "my friend is a dildo" moment that I just can't wait to share with you guys. So my friend who is currently pregnant, who knows about all our losses, and who I've mentioned has recently always had a total lamesauce excuse to not hang out? Well, DH hung out with her and her husband this weekend while I was gone (the boys are BFFs and work together, which is how she and I became such good - I thought - friends) So she asks DH how things are going for us and says how she does miss hanging out with me, but she just feels weird and awkward about it now. So, I win. I was right. That is the reason for the lame-o excuses.

But anyway, when she said that, DH responded that the worst possible thing she could be doing right now if she really does care is to be treating us differently. 

I love him.

But she cried.

Hey, the truth hurts sometimes. 

Re: Friend rant + DH rave

• Go Mr. Colinda!  But, I dont know if you really want to hang out with her any more after that.  I wouldn't.  Glad you had a lot of fun with your girls this weekend Smile
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm SO glad you are refreshed from your weekend!

You totally deserved some time to enjoy yourself.

And way to go Mr. Colinda!  He done good.

• Loading the player...
  • Way to go Mr. Colinda! And yes, your friend is indeed a dildo.
    Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Good for your DH!  That is an awesome response!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• YesYes to colinda-hubs. bravo to him for sticking up for both of you. while making her cry is never fun, it probably was a very good thing for her to hear, and I hope that it helps.
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • What a good DH! He said exactly the right thing. So good to just let her know the effect of her actions. Maybe she'll get it together now.

I'm glad you're baaaaaack!

BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• YAY for your DH.  That is completely awesome.  So she cried...she'll get over it and hopefully start treating you like a normal person again!
  • Way to go H!
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YesYes for your DH! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePeetiePie:
    YesYes for your DH! 

This.  It is so great to have a DH who understands!

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Way to go DH. You're right, sometimes the truth hurts but she needed to be told that.
  • I'm so glad your dh said something. Hopefully she smartens up, brings ya some flowers or chocolates and apologizes for being such a twat.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • ::high fives:: your DH! So glad he stood up for you guys.  And it makes me feel good that she cried (I know, I'm evil).  Blah.  She is a dildo. 
  • Good job to your DH! I hope that she realized what a bad friend she is being by doing that!
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but this makes total sense.

Why would someone think that you'll be better off not having a friend to hang out with.  And if you're inviting her to hang out, obviously you're not that bothered by her pg.  Ugh.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • imageBBHME:

I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but this makes total sense.

Why would someone think that you'll be better off not having a friend to hang out with.  And if you're inviting her to hang out, obviously you're not that bothered by her pg.  Ugh.

Or at least good at setting that aside, anyway.

I think the tiny bird should go crush her little ho.

• I love your husband!!! What a great way to put her in her place...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"